every step of the way

"come on y/n hurry up." stan said pulling onto y/n's arm. the girl chuckled.

"why do you even want to be here? no kid i ever knew wanted to be at school," she said as the two walked up the stairs quickly. 

"um uh, nothing really. just want to see everyone else." he lied, y/n even knew he lied. however, she just shrugged her shoulders and followed stan. they entered the school, seeing the losers at their usual meet up place. the losers greeted them, while beverly came up and hugged y/n like she usually does.

"so what were you guys talking about?" y/n piped.

"oh nothing, r-richie was just t-talking about his n-night." bill said smiling at the smaller girl.

"yeah, this hot girl came at me an-."

"that's already an unbelievable story rich." stan cut off richie, causing richie to roll her eyes.

"like your night was even better? since you want to talk shit about my night what did you do?" richie said looking at stan. stan's face turned red, everyone's attention was all on stan now. mike had a raised eyebrow and so did the others.

"n-nothing that you want to know." he shuttered out of nervousness.

"really stan the man? just tell us. we're just dying to know." richie said crossing his arms.

"fine, i was just calling this girl. we have just been doing it since last weekend, it's uh nothing really." stan said looking at his friend's face.

y/n tried to hide her jealousy, however, the only ones who realize were bill and beverly. bill placed his hand on her lower back to attempt to calm her down. it did.

"a girl? stan are you actually getting laid?" richie once again said.

"what? no! we were just talking." he protested.

"who's the girl?" eddie and ben said in unison.

right on time, sammy walked into the hallway. sending stan a wink as she and her friends walked by. stan felt his cheeks and ears heating up. the curly-haired boy looked down at his old beat up converse. playing with the hem of his shirt

"oh shit, you were talking to sammy carson! thy sammy carson!" richie exclaimed.

"really? her?" y/n spoke for the first time.

"what's wrong with her?" stan said looking at his friend.

"what's wrong with her? um, maybe the fact that she hates my guts and legit wants me to fail at everything."

"you're just jealous, that i'm hanging out with the most popular girl in school." he replied, crossing his arms as he did so, even sticking his tongue out a little just to piss her off.

"are you serious? i couldn't give two shits about it. i'm upset that it's with the girl that calls me names twenty-four seven." y/n said, hurt dripping down like honey. out of all the girls, stan liked sammy? the one girl that made her life a living hell and every one of the losers knew that. so why did he have to talk to her?

"shut up y/n." stan said rolling his eye. y/n made it seem like that didn't hurt, but it did.

"fine then, i will," she said walking through her group of friends, especially making sure to bump shoulders roughly with stan, and towards her locker at the end of the hallway. beverly and bill followed her behind her, obviously worried about her.

"uh guys why are you following her?" stan called, a brow raised.

"maybe because she's our f-friend stan!" bill shouted earning some glances from some people in the hallway.