Chapter Two

"Well.. You don't seem like the type of person to be in a library." I explained. I was all confused. He was a jock. Jocks don't read. Or spend time at libraries.

"What do you mean?" Andrew asked me.

"I don't know.. I guess I was just a little surprised." I told him.

"Please don't tell me that you're one of those people who believe in stereotypes and stuff." He started to whine.

"No, I'm not. I guess that I'm just surprised that you read. I mean like you come off all scary.. And not read-y.." I said, quite unaware of what I was saying.

"Really? You think I'm scary?" He asked, a smirk forming on his face.

"No, not really actually." I said quickly. "So you like to read?"

"Yea, I do." He told me.

"Cool, I do too. So, what are you reading?" I asked him causally, putting my hand on top of a shelf.

"Right here I've got The Piano Girl and It's Complicated." Andrew said. I smiled. I recognized those books.

"Really? I love those books!" I squealed.

"Cool!" He said.

"I even know the authors." I winked at him.

"Really? That's so awesome!" He exclaimed. "So.. Do you know any other books? I can get one more and I'd like to get something good."

"Yea I do actually. Have you read Becoming Famous?" I asked him.

"No, is it good?" He said.

"Yea. And I know that because my sister wrote it." I said.

"Really? Your sister is a published author?" He said, sounding impressed.

"Really. Come on, I'll help you find it." I told him, and he followed me, which was funny because I was the new one, not him.

"So what's your favorite book?" He asked me.

"Divergent." I answered truthfully. I had loved that book.

"Oh wow I like that book too!" He laughed.

We reached the shelf. My gaze dropped down and I quickly scanned all the books. I couldn't find my sister's book. My heart sank.

"Great! It's not here!" I yelled.

"Shhh!" The librarian said, putting a finger to her lips.

"Sorry!" I whispered.

"Yea.. Be quiet." Andrew said to me.

"You be quiet." I retorted.

"Oh wow nice comeback." He chuckled.

"Thank you, I try very hard." I said, and we both laughed. Suddenly, he checked the time on his watch.

"Oh wow look at the time! I gotta run! I'll see you around, kay? Nice meeting you... Er..." He stopped when he realized that he didn't know my name. I felt annoyed. He hadn't even bothered to ask my name?

"Adriana," I said, putting on a fake smile.

"Right.. Adriana. Nice to meet you." He said, before checking out his books and rushing out of the room, leaving me smiling.

Wow. That had been interesting. I had expected him to be a conceited jerk but it turned out that I wouldn't be too upset if I bumped into him again.

"Hey! Miss! Are you going to leave? I have to close up the library for my lunch break." The librarian called from the other side of the room.

"Sorry! I'll be going!" I called back.