Chapter 31. Revealing the Truth

Start from the beginning

He gets up from the floor and grabs a spare shirt of his and slips it on over his head. He strides towards me and grabs my hand, pulling me close to his chest. He pulls me into a tight embrace and I wrap my arms around his torso, burying my head into his chest.

"When did you wake up?" He asks.

"Not too long ago," I reply and pull back from our hug.

"Do you want to stay for some breakfas-"

"Cole, get down here!" Jackson's voice rings throughout the house.

"Coming!" he yells back down and snatches a bottle of mouthwash, swirling it around his mouth, he steps over into his bathroom and spits it out into the sink, making his breath fresh and minty.

"Here, come on." Cole nods to me.

"Wait, I need to at least get dressed and-"

"You look great," Cole winks and we both quickly leave his room and trot down the stairs before I can say anything else.

"Dad is back and he is waiting in the living room-" Jackson stops when he sees me and my dress attire. "Oh, Eleanor, I didn't realize you and Cole were..."

My cheeks turn crimson and I stammer out useless words and Cole throws a blow at Jackson's shoulder.

"What; am I wrong?" Jackson hisses to his brother and massages his shoulder.

"Yes, very wrong." Cole murmurs. "Why is Dad back?"

"He heard about Griffin and came to talk to us about it, or whatever." Jackson replies and drops his hand from his scalp.

Cole steps closer to Jackson and whispers sternly into his brother's ear, but luckily I am able to hear his words.

"He says one word about needing one more week, I am out of the deal."

I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion and Jackson nods to Cole's firm words.

Cole steps back and stands beside me, and leans close to my ear and whispers quietly so I am the only one that can hear him.

"My father isn't too... nice. In other words, I'm sorry if he acts like a complete-"

"Cole, about time you showed up!" An unfamiliar voice chuckles suddenly.

Cole leans away from me and takes a deep breath, clenching my hand a little tighter and gives the man who spoke a pointed look. The man I have never seen before sends me a glance and lets out a snort when he notices my dress attire, making me curse mentally at not getting dressed before coming down here.

"Father." Cole addresses his Dad.

"Son," His Dad nods to Cole.

Cole's father is rather tall, about '6"4, while Cole stands at '6"2. He wears a black suit with a sky blue tie and shiny dress shoes. His slick hair is combed to the side to look like a professional and he appears to be in his mid-thirties and he also carries a silver business briefcase in his right hand.

"What are you doing here? You weren't supposed to come back from your business trip until next week." Cole asks with a blank face.

I step back, ready to bolt up the stairs and change into my dress from yesterday. I slip my hand out of Cole's tight grip and scurry up the stairs, but not before hearing Mr. Woods speak to Cole.

"Looks like you had yourself another one night stand, huh?" His father smirks pridefully as he shifts his gaze over to me and I look to the floor, feeling completely out of place.