Off Broadway AU

Original characters - kind of - more like "we casted my friends and I in this AU"

Anything in "quoted italics" is being said to the camera. "Other room TV interview" type thing.

They're so close to getting kicked off Broadway, that they might get back on Broadway...

"We're um..." Sean looked at the camera, then back down to his tense hands. Anxiety filled the gaps between his fingers. He avoided eye contact with the camera, and looked at the rehearsal that was going on about ten feet behind him. "I have to go." He quickly escaped the area where the camera was and went back to rehearsal.

"Hey, hey, you okay?" I asked as our panicked director ran into our rehearsal studio.

"No, I can't stop thinking about that notice!" He exclaimed, exasperated, running his hands up the back of his head.

"What notice are you talking about?" I waved my hand to keep the rehearsal going under the direction of our assistant choreographer, as I grabbed Sean's hand and walked to another room in the building. A more secluded room, it couldn't have been more than 8 feet deep, used for working one on one with lyricists.

Sean rubbed his hands over his face. "Okay, so the show isn't getting rated too well, and they're going to shut us down." His eyes locked with mine. My breath hitched. My mind spun.

My rent. The other actor's and crew's rents. Sean's rent. Food. Water. Car.

"How long do we have until they close us?" I asked, looking down. I shot a glare to Madi, our main camera operator, and she knew not to get near us right then.

"Two months, unless we can convince them otherwise." Sean looked down at his feet again.

"Okay, okay, we can figure this out." My eyes wandered as if the walls could give me an answer on how to solve this problem.

"Go back to rehearsal. They need you in there." His voice was muffled because of his hands covering his face.

"Okay." I nodded and went back to the studios.

~~~~~

It was later when I had moved to the theater and was going over new lighting changes with our head lighting crew member, Ethan. "Okay, so new cue 2...and 3, yeah." I cheered, except it was forced and unenthusiastic, and he picked up on that.

"You good?" Ethan called to me through our headseats. I looked up to the lighting box, seeing him sitting there, and I nodded.

"You're lying, aren't you?"

"Nope, I'm just tired. Promise. There's a lot on my shoulders right now." I sighed, sitting down on the stage. Saying I had a lot going on was an understatement. We ran the lights for Act Two a few more times, and I found myself sitting back in the lighting box, that hour later. "Hey, I'm starving. I'll be back in like forty five. Do you want anything?"