Chapter 17 - Mystery Jane

Ari's P.O.V
   The next time I woke up it was five in the afternoon. Wow, I ended up sleeping for a long time yet I still felt tired. Everyone else was still asleep.
I was about to close my eyes and sleep again until I heard a phone vibrating. I looked on the side dresser to see whose phone it is and to stop the ringing. I saw it was Zach's phone and picked it up. I was going to wake Zach up but he looked so peaceful while sleeping. I was about to press the power button to stop the vibrating but I saw the caller Id. The incoming call was 'Jane', it is probably the Jane Zach and Jack were talking about. I pushed all my worries aside and put his phone back on the dresser. I need to enjoy the time I have with Zach until it runs out. 

     I next time I woke up I was the only one in the room. It was half past nine in the morning. I got off the bed and walked towards the kitchen. The kitchen was empty so I walked out on the patio to see Zach on the phone. Brooke and Jack werent around, I wonder where they are. I was going to walk back into the house until I heard Zach say Janes name. 

      ¨Why are you calling me Jane,¨ He said.

   He listened as she responded to him.

     ¨No, stop calling me Jane.¨ 

I didnt want to eavesdrop anymore so I walked out to the patio. Zach saw me and looked alarmed. I walked towards my aunt's house without looking back at Zach. I stayed at my aunt's house for thirty minutes. I dont know why I didn't go back immediatly, I guess I just wanted to think some things through. I didn't want to overthink things. Overthinking things can ruin a lot. I need to just face reality and face my fears. I walked towards my house and Zach was frantically talking on the phone. 

     ¨I dont know where she went. She just left without saying anything and she didn't answer my calls. No I cant calm down, I'm worried about her.¨

     Zach looked up and saw me. His facial features seemed to relax as he saw me.

  ¨She is back, Ill see you later.¨ He hung up the phone and rushed towards me. He cupped my cheeks and kissed me so softly.

      ¨You had me so worried Ari. I was afraid something had happened to you.¨ He said while cupping my cheek.

    "I was so worried baby." He repeated as he pulled me in to his embrace. 

I think right now would be time to ask about Jane, its now or never. 

  "Zach," I said softly. 

         "Yea baby," 

  "Who is Jane?" I felt him take a deep breath and he sighed. 

   He grabbed my hand leading me to the kitchen and pulling a chair out for me.

     "Thank you," I said sitting down as he sat across from me. 

   He grabbed my hand and grasped them in his. 

      "Jane is my ex girlfriend, and we dated for two years. I was crazy in love for her.  I wanted her to become my wife someday. Everyone told me our relationship was a dead end, that it was over from the start. I ignored everyones accusations and thoughts of my relationship. People say love makes you blind and it did. Jane cheated on me the entire time we dated. Friends of mine would tell me she was cheating and I would lash out on them calling them liars. I didnt want to believe any of them so I lost a lot of friends. I was still crazy for Jane despite the things people were telling me. I was actually thinking of proposing to her. I had my sister, Amelia, come with me to buy an engagement ring for Jane. She thought it was a crazy idea but she still accompanied me. I was an idiot. I  bought the ring and went to Jane's home. I wanted to surprise her with a romantic dinner. Jane's sister answered the door and she let me go to Jane's room. Her room door was cracked open so you could see what she was doing in there. Well, who she was doing. She was having sex with one of her supposed guy friends." He said, his voice cracking.

    Tears formed in his eyes as he blinked them away. I dont understand how someone can do something like that to someone so sweet. I never understand cheaters. If your not happy in the relationship your in why not say something, why cheat. 

    "Jane keeps calling me saying she needs to tell me something important. She wants to tell me in person and is willing to come here."

    That felt like a stab to my heart, how does she even know where he is?

  "Oh, thats cool I guess." I said softly while looking away from Zach. I wanted to hide my pain from him. 

     I felt him grab my chin lightly guiding me to face him. 

    "She isn't going to come here and she definitely won't be able to ruin what we have." He said while a few tears ran down his cheeks. 

  I don't like seeing him like this. Why did she have to hurt him. I wiped the tears off his face and leaned in to his chest. He held on to me and placed his head on my enjoying the embrace.

    Why do horrible people have to abuse and hurt sweet people?