Chapter 5 - Quinceañera's

I put the curling iron down and clipped half of my hair to the side. I looked in the mirror, and I was satisfied with how I looked. I was wearing a black dress that hugged my curves and ended at my knees. I was also wearing a pair of black, two inch, heels. For makeup I had eyeliner, mascara, and red lipstick. I grabbed a small black purse and put my phone in it. I left my house and walked to the beach.

  Once I got there Zach was already waiting for me. He looked handsome. He was wearing a black button up shirt, dark blue jeans, and a black cowboy hat.

"You look nice," I said.

   Zach looked up at me and his eyes widened. He stood up and smiled at me.

"You look amazing ari," he said causing me to blush. I always blush when I'm with him.

"Thank you. Let's go," I said.

"Is it far from here?" He asked as he held my hand.

"No, it's only a few houses away," I said.

   We walked towards the quince and it was already crowded. We walked in holding hands, and I already felt people staring.

I ignored the stares as Doña Lupe approached us.

    "Ariela, Hola. Estoy feliz que pudistes venir. Ven, aquí hay una mesa para ustedes," she said while leading us to a table where another couple was seated. Doña Lupe left to greet more people.

The traditional dances happened and food was served. After that you could dance all night if you wanted to. A slow romantic song called "siempre estoy pensando en ti" started to play. Zach stood up and smiled at me.

"Would you like to dance with me, beautiful?" He asked while holding his hand out.

I smiled and took his hand. We started to dance while I sang the song to myself.

"Yo no se que voy hacer, siempre estoy pensando en ti. Ya me estoy envejeciendo de tanto estarte esperando de tanto pensar en ti,"

   I managed to block out everything except for Zach. I felt so carefree. I met this amazing man and I'm enjoying his company. My summer has just begun and I don't want it to end.

    We danced until the clock struck twelve. No, I didn't loose my shoe, but there was some drama. What's a quinceañera without the drama?

   Zach and I were seated at our table talking, until Aurora came.

Aurora was my neighbor, and ever since we were ten she had something against me.

   "Ariela, no me di cuenta que te invitaron. Que suertuda eres.  Te sentaron cerca de este papacito,"
She said while running her hand up and down Zach's back.

"Aurora, porque no vayas con uno de tus novios y me dejas en paz," I said as calmly as I could.

"Me aburrí de ellos. Tengo ganas de estar con uno gringo," she said.

"Aurora, no te voy a decir otra vez. Vete y dejame enpaz," I said getting frustrated.

Zach grabbed my hand from under the table and squeezed it.

"Let's dance," he said.

  "Are you sure?" I asked him since we danced all night and it was getting late.

   " Yes, lets go," He said while helping me out of the chair and led me to the dance floor.

   As he pulled me away I realized Aurora was still standing by the table.

  "You don't like her, do you?" Said Zach.

  "No, thank you for getting me out of there," I told him and he smiled at me.

  "I thought it was for the best, and she was eye raping me," He said causing me to laugh.

   "There's that beautiful laugh," He said.

"Tonight was fun,"

"It was. I'm glad we came. It was a fun experience," He said.

I smiled and laid my head on his shoulder. I yawned a little and I knew he heard me.

  "Do you want to leave?" He asked.

"If it's okay with you," I told him.

  "Yeah, let's go," He said.

We walked out of the quince and towards the hotel.

  "You're staying here right?" I asked him.

  "Yes, but I'm walking you home first. It's too late for you to walk home alone," He said.

Aww, he cares about my well being.

  "What was your favorite part of the quince?" I asked him as we walked through the streets, his hand in mine.

  "Dancing with you," He said.

"That's sweet," I told him.

  "Ari," He said.

    "Yes Zach?"

"I'm glad I met you. I only met you yesterday, but I've had more fun with you in a day then with someone else in a week," He said.

    Aww. That was so sweet. Wow, we only met yesterday? It feels like a month instead of a week.

    "We barley met yesterday?" I asked him.

   "Yes, it feels longer," He said.

"It does," I said as we approached my house.

  I unlocked the patio door and led Zach in.

   "I guess I'll get going," He said as he stood by the door.

   "Zach, umm you could stay if you want," I said nervously. "It's too late for you to walk back," I told him.

  It was dangerous for him to walk alone at night. Some people find americans as easy targets, and I want nothing to happen to him.

   "I'll stay Ari," He said with a charming smile.

I smiled at him and locked the patio door.