Chapter 11- Arguments

Ari's P.O.V.

    I arrived at my house and I walked through the gate. I saw three luggages by the door but Brooke was no where in sight. I wonder where she could be. She can't be far from here since this is her first time, and she doesn't know her way around the town.

   I took my phone out to call her but someone tapped my shoulder.

   I turned and Brooke stood there with a big smile.

  "Brooke!" I  screamed while hugging her.

   "Ari," She screamed back.

  "How did you get here? How did you find the house?" I asked her.

    "Well, you always talk about Teacapan and I really wanted to come. I finished my finals early and I decided to surprise you,"

    "I'm so glad your here. We are going to have so much fun,"

  "Yes we will. Where were you when I called?" She asked.

    "I told you, I was at the beach,"

   "I know, but with who Ari?" She asked.

     I sighed and looked at Brooke. I should tell her, she is my bestfriend after all.

   " I met this guy four days ago and thats who I was with," I told her.

   "Aww, that's cute. What's his name? Is he cute?" She asked.

      "Yes, he is cute. His name is Zach and he asked me to be his girlfriend,"

       "Did you say yes?" She asked.

   "Of course I did," I said proudly.

  Her face fell once she heard my answer. She looked confused for a second then angry the next.

     "Really Ari," She said becoming hostile.

   "What?"

    "You met him four days ago and your dating him now. I thought you were smarter than that," She said while putting her hands on her hips.

    "I get why your mad. I may have met him four days ago, but I had the chance to learn more about him. I feel like I have know him for months,"

   "That is the most silliest thing I have ever heard Ari. Are you really that naíve? Don't you remember what happened with Mack?" She said.

   Of course she would bring that up. I started to walk out of the door without saying another word.

    "Ari, where are you going?" She yelled.

  I ignored her as I started to walk to the beach. I may have been at the beach earlier, but I didn't care. The beach is a place where I can clear my mind.

     I arrived at the beach, and I sat on the ledge by the water. I kicked my sandals off and let the water touch my feet.

Brooke had a reason to get angry, and I understand that, but she should have let me explain first.

   I looked at the beach and watched as the waves crashed against the ledge. The moonlight reflected off of the water making  the water look brighter. The sound of the waves were calming. It helped clear my mind of all the thoughts.

   Brooke is right, I should be smarter. I met him four days ago, but I feel a connection. I'm getting to know him and I like his company. It feels like I have known him my whole life. When I'm with him I feel safer, unlike when I was with Mack. I like Zach a lot.

    I don't know what I should do. Maybe Brooke is right, but she can also be wrong.