6

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

After taking a few deep breaths, Raven now stood once again in the kitchen. The light was still switched on, despite the fact the sky outside had lightened.

The sun had still not risen from it's sleep and Raven watched as a the breeze made the trees outside sway as if in a dance.

"Have they searched the kitchen?," Raven asked breaking herself away from her day dreaming.

Aiden shook his head. "No, we literally got the body out a while before you arrived so only the murder room has been searched," he replied before tapping away at the device in his hands.

"Hunter, do you want to look around here together?"

He nodded, smiling.

Raven flashed him a smile back before scanning the surrounding area and walking over to one of the cupboards. She had missed carrying out searches as anything could be discovered. She remembered the time she had found a note the killer himself had left behind, resulting in his immediate capturing much to his dismay.

The cupboards were the same, wooden - most likely made out of Oak. Raven looked in them one by one, feeling around the edges but not getting much other than dust and a few cobwebs, notifying her of the creepy crawlers visit.

Plates, cups and all other sorts of typical house hold kitchen utensils was all Raven found in the lower cupboards.

When she glanced over at Hunter, he shook his head meaning he had come to the same conclusion.

Raven walked over to the bin in the far right corner. It was one of those silver metal bins that gave a distorted reflection due to its shiny surface.

She pressed her foot onto the pedal to open it but found it was broken. Using her hands she lifted the lid and peered inside. All she saw was a large amount of tissue and so she pulled one out. It looked clean, only slightly crumpled and as Raven took some more out she found it to be the same.

Why would someone waste so much clean tissue?

Raven knew she was thinking too much into it, but as she moved to the left slightly she saw specks of blood on one of the tissues.

She pulled it out into the light confirming it was blood and called Hunter over with a evidence bag and dropped it in.

"Doesn't look much like blood from the murder, but it was hidden under a lot of clean tissue," she notified him.

"I'll send it to the lab. See if it matches our victims blood or not."

Raven suppressed a yawn. She would be fine as long as she stayed away from the room the murder had occurred in.

As Raven stood blinking her eye caught something. On the top of the fridge, behind a crepe maker box was a knife set. It was easy to miss, unless one had the right angle.

She walked over, reaching with her arms to bring the knife set down. She placed it onto the dining table which was pushed against the wall, four chairs surrounding it.

It was one of those knife sets which had five different knives ranging from a small one to cut something like fruit, to a much larger one probably used for meat. But that wasn't the issue, the problem was one of the knives was missing.

"Hey Aiden," she called.

He looked up at her.

"The victim was stabbed right."

Raven already knew the answer. Had already seen the carving in the arm. Had seen the pictures, but still had to confirm it once more.

"Yeah, why?," he spoke giving her a slight look filled with confusion.

She pointed to the knife set. "One of thems missing."

Hunter as well as Aiden had both come over.

"It's possible the knives just been thrown away, but you said the murder weapon hadn't been found. So maybe the killer still has the weapon on them, or maybe they dropped it somewhere. But my point is, maybe they took if from here. If we can get them to tell us the width of the knife for the cuts, we can cross reference it to the size of the supposed murder weapon," she quickly rambled, telling them of her theory.

They nodded agreeing it was a good theory and Aiden took the knives set from the table.

"Obviously it won't do much unless we find the actual weapon, but at least we'll know what type of weapon the killer used."

The two nodded and after making sure she had searched the area thoroughly, Raven stepped outside.

She watched as the grey morning sky bled through with light from the sun onto the street and stood against a brick wall thinking about a lot of things at that moment, although one thought took up more space that the rest.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Slightly longer chapter :)

Who's blood do you think is on the tissue?

What about the murder weapon, any thoughts?

Who's your favourite character so far? Not much choice but still haha xD

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and a big thank you to those of you who are still reading