2

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Raven had to lean against her car once she had stepped out onto the pavement.

Despite the fact she was taking various medication, her leg still pained her and the sudden pang she had experienced on her way here did no favours.

Raven felt light headed, a mixture of the sleeping pills, no breakfast, pain, and thoughts that clawed at her mind.

She blinked a few times, trying to clear up her mind. She would have enough time to think this through later - maybe she should book an appointment again?

Whilst Raven let her eyes travel along the cracks in the pavement, contemplating whether to call and book the appointment she saw a text she had missed and clicked to open it.

The contact name Mum showed on the screen, a message left from the night before, a little after ten.

Hope you're ok.
Call me x

What time had she fallen asleep? Surely she didn't sleep before ten. Her mind was still hazy and there was no point overthinking and troubling her mind to remember a string of digits for the time she had slept. It wasn't like it would change anything - help anything. Only an indicator of how tired she was.

Raven made a mental note to call her mum after dealing with the issue here. She had spent the first few weeks of the incident worrying over Raven and her health and even now she would check in nearly everyday, bringing food with her. She was partly glad her mum couldn't come to see her at home yesterday, if anything the state she was in would only result in her mother calling emergency services or doing some other crazy thing.

Raven had got her own place over a year ago. She wanted to feel more independent and having work hours that altered, it was better so she wouldn't disturb her mum coming and going at odd hours.

However, last month her mum had been nagging her to stay with her. According to her, she was in no condition to be living on her own. Get a boyfriend Raven, you work to hard and I'll be at peace knowing you're not alone. Raven had rolled her eyes at that - she wasn't ready to be in a relationship, at least not one which involved commitment - not yet, but she had simply told her mum she hadn't found the one.

As Raven leaned against her car, a figure approached her.

She glanced up to see Hunter a smile making it's way onto her face.

"Ray?"

"If it isn't the one and only Hunter Jay Ackland," she grinned including his middle name.

Raven looked at him now, his brown hair disheveled after a rush to get here, still the same face features and brown eyes. His pale blue shirt was tucked into his trousers giving him a more tidy look and he wore his jacket on top, a shield against the winter breeze.

Hunter looked the same since the last time she had seen him over a month ago. She remembered him offering to come along many times - but she wanted to be left alone, however now seeing him again - she felt guilty for disregarding all his attempts of taking her mind of things.

"How have you been?," he asked returning her smile.

"I'm alright," she stated, knowing too well it wasn't the truth. "What about you? Still hiding biscuits in your draw?" she smirked.

"I'm good, glad to see you Ray and as for those biscuits, hell yes, you know how all those vultures take my food."

She shook her head. At least some things never changed. She knew Hunter was aware she wasn't doing great, but she was thankful he didn't press her or the matter further and instead engaged in normal conversation just how they used to. She was glad that time hadn't changed their friendship, because time had changed a lot.

"So what's going on?," she asked knowing well what the police tapes and people on the scene meant.

"Murder - a seventeen year old."

She sighed, clenching her teeth.

She never really understood why people wanted to murder, especially someone who still had their lives ahead of them - a chance to make a change in the world.

"Listen Ray - I know how much you hate being told what to do and people worrying, but please if you feel uncomfortable we can leave - it's not going to be easy -"

"Let's head over and I won't go in there like I'm a knight in shining armour Ok?" she gestured to the house, Hunter by her side.

"Alright. By the way, are you only here for today or..."

"If this relates to," she paused allowing him to fill in the gap in his head "then I'm staying and not letting the killer get away again."

"How's the leg?"

Raven bit the inside of her cheek. "It's good," she stated licking her lips which seemed to go dry suddenly.

He gave her a nod of acknowledgement.

"You said it linked?"

Too quick. She had asked the question too quickly. It was obvious to tell she was averting the conversation.

He nodded, "yeah, that's why I called. You wanted me to."

"Alright. Let's gather some more intel. I take it you've not gone in yet."

He shook his head no and Raven was thankful he didn't press the matter further.

Raven looked right and left to see police cars were parked along the road and Raven counted four of them, and an ambulance before the two of them crossed the road, ignoring the pain in her leg.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

What do you all of think of Raven so far?

What about Hunter?

Please leave a vote and/or comment if you enjoyed this chapter!
Thank you :)