The scruff of the neck

'JAQS' shouted Wesley. 'What the ACTUAL FUCK is WRONG with you?!'

'I'm sorry' she mumbled, abashed yet still safe in the knowledge that she would do it all over again. 

You see, she had been browsing around an event held at college and the classmates of her then boyfriend where holding some sort of raffle or sort of event like that and such. 

So as she browsed and stumbled and mumbled past all the stals she came across Wesleys stall. Now she knew him and Ryaen had not been the closed friends to Sting but tbh she needed her little buzz, he high from the attention. 

She was after all an attention whore. 

And attention whores crave what they need, what they feed on. Red lipstick was her blood, fishnets showed the elasticity and value of their soul, the hair dye and push up bras were her bones and flesh. The big boots and the long eyelashed fluttering at him were her air. 

His attention, their attention, anyone's attention, was her life blood. Her fuel. 

So as she ran her hand along the fold up table placed jauntily yet neatly against the wall leading to the corner you had to turn to go to the loos, she hit the pot. 

As in she literally hit the pot. 

A pot of sweets, or money, something she cant remember now, she swiped her hand along it and pushed it swiftly on to the ground. 

Smash.

The smithereens of glass rebounded across her boots and under the table. A smirk spread across her face as she saw the anger on their faces as they looked at her in disgust at her actions.

'Oops, sorry' she said in a sickly sweet and innocent voice. 

But you know what dear reader?

The saddest part of all was that she was genuinely sorry for smashing their shit, she didn't mean to, she did mean to break it. 

But that didn't mean she wouldn't smash it all over again. Ten times over. 

Jauntily bouncing and skipping over to her boyfriend completely unaware of the looks of pity and disgust she was getting. 

'Hi babe' she grinned at him, red faced and pleased with her self. She tried to keep her voice steady to cover up how she was actually burning with embarrassment and shame at what she had done to the poor boys jar.

The event they had worked so hard for to raise money for their college department.

Ruined by her.

Shes such a bitch.

Urgh.

Fucking whore. 

'TF HAVE YOU BEEN DOING' said Sting angrily. 

'Oh I accidently smashed a jar that's all, it was an accident' she blurted out guiltily to him and them making a swift exit around him. 

However by time she had made a full loop walk around the campus's main cafeteria and lounge area that the event was being held in, word had got back to Sting that she had been doing... well rather unsavoury acts in the mens loos. 

She walked up to Sting and before she even had a chance to blink she was grabbed by the neck. His hand closed around the front of her shirt underneath her chin and she started to wiggle and wave her arms around in surprise and the shock of being suddenly lifted off of the ground. Even if it was only a few cm. 

'Wesley told me you've been giving oral sex in the mens bathrooms' He spat in her face.

She blinked nervously and tried to resist the urge to raise her hand to wipe the spittle from her face he had just sprayed, however she knew it would probably provoke him more and she really didn't feel like getting beat up in front of all her 'friends' at college. 

'No.. what, why the fuck would I do that?' she demanded nervously. Trying to not stutter so she wouldn't sound guilty, actually seemed to hinder her efforts to not look guilty and made her look as though she was trying to think up an excuse of what she was doing. 

'You tell me bitch' he growled, bringing his face closer to hers and staring her down. She felt herself go a bit boss eyed and tried to regain composure as she wiggled to be let down. 

He suddenly dropped her clothes and she fell to the floor with a 'thump'.

Scrabbling to get back up she started at him resentfully as you would imagine a beaten dog doing, her head slightly tilted back towards him as her body was in defensive position, angled away from him, feet facing the door. Ready to run.

'Babe I'm sorry' he moaned resentfully as he gathered his head and incredibly greasy hair in his hands.

She started towards the door to go and sit on the quad, when she realised the hushed whisperings were pointed towards Sting. 

'Don't worry man, could've happened to anyone'

'I would have been mad too'

'Its just a temper thing, you didn't do anything REALLY bad did you?'

'TBH if I was dating her I would be provoked to slap her one as well' 

*Cue laughter at her expense of being the beaten housewife of college*

She hurried out the door as a flash of red hair followed her, guiding her arm as they exited and as soon as they hit the outside, she gasped in a huge breath of fresh air and realised it was Hannah who was holding her arm. His cousin. She had grabbed/ taken hold of/ gathered her arm in her small and delicately pale hands inside and pulled her away from Sting and outside. She however was in such a trance daze that she hadn't even noticed. 

'Yo what's up babe' Shouted James, flicking his floppy blonde hair out of his eyes as he walked over to the two girls who had abruptly stopped walking at the grass situated outside of the art block. He watched as they sat down and the pretty redhead put her arms around Jaqs and she dissolved in to tears on to her shoulder. 

Hurrying over her asked 'What's up Jaqs?'

He extended an arm to slip around her shoulders and she hesitated, wanting the comfort of a true friend who wasn't related to Sting, however she was terrified of what his reaction would be then. 

She didn't want to keep being a whore.

She didn't mean to be a naughty, dirty slut. And not in a good way.

But the emotions got the best of her and she relaxed in to his gaze and grip. Resting her head upon his shoulder she wondered if she had found home. 

The tears began to flow as she sobbed as though her heart would break, at the shock and embarrassment of being so publicly bullied/ picked on/ abused/ attacked. 

Her heart dropped as she watched him appear through the glass doors to come looking for her in the quad. Quickly she tried to dry her tears and remove herself from the proximity of the others around her. 

He couldn't assume she had been doing the dirty again or he might just do something even worse this time.