CHAPTER 5

Chapter 5

Same day, 4PM, DR's Holiday Home

The limousines carrying the bride and her family had just arrived.

The eager groom had gone himself to receive them at the airport, security and scrutiny be damned! He had missed his bride and wanted nothing else than to be with her from this moment on.

Seeing the big smile on DeeDee's face, the way she tightly held DR's hand, the way her eyes seemed to follow him, and how she was leaning into him, dispelled all of Avni's irrational thoughts from before.

Not that Neil's words hadn't had an impact, but seeing the same amount of love in DeeDee's eyes as she had witnessed in DR's every word and gesture for the past month, made Avni happy and to be honest, abundantly relieved.

Seeing as how all the guests had alighted from the vehicles, Neil and Avni went forward to welcome them traditionally. Offering their heartiest congratulations, they formally introduce themselves to the party.

Only the immediate family of the bride and the groom and the pair themselves were staying at the house.

The rest of the wedding party were all staying at Taj Fort Aguada Resort and Spa, Goa, where all the functions will be taking place as wll, starting with the Cocktail Party tonight.

Avni and Neil had the enviable task of staying at DR's home yet travelling back & forth from the venue multiple times during the day, but always together!

No matter how tired or irritated they got, DR's conditions had tied their hands & them effectively.

So they had entrusted the resort's manager and a posse of their staff from Mumbai to handle the wedding guests on their behalf whenever they were unavailable.

Leaving the people at home on the mercies of designers, and hair, make-up, and every other expert; Avni & Neil changed and immediately left for the resort to do a last minute check on the preparations for tonight.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Same evening, 7.30PM, Poolside Bar, Taj Fort Aguada

Avni and Neil had no time to act awestruck because the first of the guests, who included who and who of entertainment, fashion, media, and the business world, started trickling in.

They'd obviously personally prepared and mailed each and every invite, but seeing them in person was still an otherworldly experience.

Everything was flowing smoothly till the lithe, tan, and drop dead gorgeous model friends of the bride walked in.

The conversations ceased, head turned, people froze mid-action, the live band paused mid-beat, the literal air just stopped to stare in awe at the glittering; prim & powdered beauties amidst their midst.

The girls just kept chattering among themselves unaware of their collective effect on the gathered company.

Neil and Avni too were left mesmerized. But returning back to reality they focused on the task at hand and somehow saved everyone from a possible embarrassing situation!