CHAPTER 4

Chapter 4

Wedding Function 1: Cocktail Night

The cocktail party tonight would officially kickstart this destination wedding extravaganza and the bride and her side had yet to arrive.

She and her party were expected later in the day today, but that left them precious little time to work with her and accommodate any of her last minute requests, if any!

It was strange to have planned an entire wedding without having met the bride even once!

Also, it was unusual to not have a bride involved in the planning of her own wedding. Thankfully they didn't have a bridezilla on their hands, in fact, they had no bride in their hands!

They hadn't interacted with her over anything. What they knew of her was told to them by DR and considering his understandably biased opinion of her, they were left grappling in the dark regarding her moods, thoughts, and general outlook on things.

They had diligently worked on approved choices supplied to them directly by DR or his secretary Sandy.

Neil and her had provided exhaustive lists to begin with, covering every possible avenue, based on DR's hints regarding his to-be's likes and dislikes and preferences.

They knew who superstar DR was marrying of course, supermodel Natasha Ahuja, or DeeDee; short for Dear Darling, as DR was so fond of calling her. A familiar face on the ramps of Milan and Paris and often on the cover of top fashion magazines of the world.

They had received her measurements and taking it as gospel because of her profession, her wedding trousseau had been made without any sittings.

When Avni had raised her concerns Neil had been his usual nonchalant self and waved her concerns away. But she couldn't stop fretting and feeling concerned.

It was her wedding after all! It was paramount that the bride be the happiest one of all along with the groom.

That's what DR also wants. But we haven't seen head or tail of her since we started planning this wedding.

What if she doesn't like something and throws a fit last minute?

What if anyone of her friends or family have an allergy that someone forgot to inform us about?

That'll be a medical and a media disaster!

What if...

We'll deal with any and all the problems that arise in a calm manner, inserted Neil smoothly.

Building multiple disaster scenarios in your head and getting your panties in a twist over what ifs is so my mom and not the rational lawyer sahiba that I know of.

And how does it matter who we've interacted with or whether we've met them or not while planning this wedding? What matters is that we have planned a wedding in exclusive accordance to their wishes.

What matters is that it goes without a hitch and that the starring duo and their guests have an amazing memory to take back home with them.

In your Mrs.Shweta Khannasque attack, you have completely forgotten that we have already planned ahead for emergencies; medical or otherwise; and have set up appropriate response measures.

In case of any unforeseen circumstances, we are smart people, we'll keep our head on, assess the situation quietly, and then deal with it accordingly.

And just because it is unheard of a bride not being an active participant in planning her own wedding, it doesn't make her interest in her wedding any less.

Guys do it all the time, so why is it expected of only the bride to be the one planning their big day and the groom is only expected to show up properly dressed and on time for the events?

Natasha is busy professionally so DR has taken the responsibility of overseeing the wedding preparations because both do not want to delay this event for any reason.

So if DR is the one fronting the preparations and Natasha is in the background just making choices, how does it matter? She's coming in the day her wedding functions are about to begin, again how does it matter?

As long as the two people involved are in agreement and happy, nothing else is important!

Yes it makes things a little hard for us but that's ok, we are professionals and we are hired to take care of such situations, so we should stop worrying about useless things and concentrate on our job at hand.

Btw, I love DR and his actions just prove to me what an exceptional man he is! my respect for him has grown exponentially.

Saying so Neil moved on leaving a flabbergasted and a contrite Avni behind.

Battle for Supremacy: Treaty or War: Ground Rules

In this level, the 3 remaining clans will try to broker a peace treaty with each other.

• 2 committees having 3 members each, will be formed by each clan.

• They will be the ones either hosting or visiting the other clans for negotiating the terms of this alliance.

• The leader of a clan cannot be part of the group visiting the other clan. But he can be present and contribute when the representatives of another are visiting his or her keep.

•The 2 clans that manage to sign the peace treaty first, will be declared the winners of this level and will proceed to the final round where they will face each other for the final and the last round of the Battle for Supremacy.

• This level involves no fighting. Use of weapons of any kind is strictly prohibited.

• No inciting or instigating the other will be tolerated and will become grounds for disqualification.

To be Continued..

______________________________________

So how was it.?

Do let us know.!

Love
Riyal.