Chapter 48: Ankara Print

A few days later, we were getting ready for the Regent Opening of Parliament. The event was an annual dinner that united England with other prominent royal monarchs in Europe like Spain, Norway, Belgium, Sweden, and Luxembourg. This event is particularly important because it was King Frederick's first engagement since he had the heart attack.

"The dress is gorgeous," Lorraine said

"It definitely is" Ariana added

It was a custom gown made by Troy himself. It was made from kente cloth and it was huge risk wearing it since it does hug my curves but after all that mess with my fathers family, I needed to show them I will not back down.

"Hello," Queen Rose said as she stood in the door frame

"Hello," I said

"Wow, this dress is different...I like different. It reminds me of the time I wore my traditional Greek Chiton dress"

"I just wanted to drop something off," she said as she came towards me holding a tiara in a small plush pillow. My eyes wanted to pop out. I sat down as Queen Rose placed the sparkly tiara on my head. "This is the first tiara I ever wore. Its called the Mellerio Shell Tiara"

 Its called the Mellerio Shell Tiara"

Holy shit

Ariana and Maria perfectly pinned the tiara into my hair.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I almost didn't recognize myself. I actually looked like royalty, a royal princess.

"Thank you...You're not joining us?" I asked

"Oh no darling, I've retired my duties as Queen. Have a nice night" she said

"You too," I said as I smiled then looked at myself in the mirror again. I could get used to this.

We arrived at Buckingham Palace and everyone wore their finest jewelry, fitted suit, and dazzling gowns.

The King looked more lively than ever. He looked healthy and genuinely happy to be back to doing his duties. We were paired in order of authority so the kings were first, then the queens, then the rest of the parliament. Alexander was in front of me paired with the prime minister and I was paired up with Philip May, the prime minister's husband. We all walked down the hall into the dining hall as 'God Save The King' was played by a live orchestra.

Yo, this room was filled with all types of classy elegant people. I guess I paid to much attention to the people and stumbled on my dress luckily I didn't fall but fuck fuck fuck.

Alexander glances back to see if I was okay and I gave him a small smile.

I wanted to run and hide at that point. I'm pretty sure TMZ would have a field day talking about it.

We all took our seats at the large table. King Frederick stood up to give his speech but the whole room erupted in applause because this is was first appearance and people were glad to him see him alive and well. King Frederick nervously smiled then once the applause went down he started his speech.

It was honestly very boring. The other kings were giving their speeches in their native languages so I would zone out every now and then. I looked around the room and saw Violet throwing daggers at me.

 I looked around the room and saw Violet throwing daggers at me

She was mean mugging and cutting her eyes at me. I just tried my best to ignore her.

The dinner was over. As we were leaving, someone grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side. It was none other than Queen Violet.

"Are you trying to destroy me?" she asked angrily

"Pardon?" I asked

"Don't act so dense you know what my talking about"

"I really don't," I said with the biggest attitude

"You're trying to outshine me with your African clothing...You want my crown don't you?" she said as she lightly touched her tiara

"Um no-"

"Where did you get that tiara?" she demanded

"Queen Rose-" I started but then she snatched the tiara off my head

"You don't deserve to wear this! You will never be queen! This. Is. Mine!"

I touched my hair to make sure her crazy ass didn't rip out my leave out. "I was given that tiara I didn't ask for it and I'm not trying to outshine you. It's not my fault that you're so insecure!" I spat.

"Zara?" Alexander asked as he came over to us. He looked between the Queen and I "What happening here?" he asked as he lightly touched my arm

"Nothing," I said then headed towards the door.