Chapter 39: Memory Lane

I woke up before Alexander so I slowly got out of bed, did all my hygiene stuff and when I came out he still asleep. He was out cold.

I just left him because I know he's been working so hard these past few days and he almost had a panic attack last night.

Yesterday felt like a dream. The idea that someone wanted to hurt me, felt uneasy in my soul. I decided to walk around and clear my head.

This Balmoral Castle is a legit castle. Its what you read about in fairytale stories. If I got lost I'm not sure if anyone would find me. I somehow wandered into a library. There were books all stacked up to the ceiling.

I explored the library and skimmed the royal archives

I explored the library and skimmed the royal archives. I went over to the shelf labeled family albums.

I opened the albums. These photos were Alexander's christening. He was just a few months old in his mother's arms.

His mother was beautiful, she has dark brown hair and impeccable fashion choices

His mother was beautiful, she has dark brown hair and impeccable fashion choices. She was the Jackie Kennedy of her generation.

I was pulling the albums out. They were so interesting and everyone actually looked happy, like a real family.

It was weird because I didn't know much of the royal family before meeting Alexander but they never really looked like family to me they looked more like a bunch of people who took pictures together. They are portrayed as robots but seeing this album lets me see them as real people.

"Ahem" I heard then spun around to see King Frederick. I immediately curtsied

"I'm sorry I didn't know you were in here. I was just..." I said as I looked at the albums. Ugh, he must think I'm nosy.

The King came up to the table and examined the pictures. A small smile began to appear on his face "I haven't seen these in years" he as he chuckled then his smile slowly disappeared as he looked at the photo with him and an infant Alexander.

He cleared his throat then closed the album and asked me to sit down.

"About the incident last night my deepest apologies. We want you to feel and be safe. We are currently re-evaluating all our safety procedures and have more security cameras. How are you feeling?" he asked

"Oh, I'm fine. I've lived in New York, I'm used to random people coming up to me" I said

"Well, I apologize for the inconvenience"

"This castle is a nice inconvenience. Thank you"

"I also wanted to thank you for speaking to Louis. He finally came to his senses and said he's going to rehab, he mentioned your name"

"No problem. I'm glad that he's going get the help he needs"

"Your majesty, the Queen and Princesses are ready for Sunday service," a man said

The King gave me a small smile and gently touched my shoulder then left the room.

**

I returned back to the Victoria suite.

"Where were you?" Alexander asked as he slipped on sneakers

"Just walking around," I said

"Oh. Let's go get some breakfast"

We went to a restaurant called Bills Covent Garden. We were seated in a private room

"When's the last time we did something like this?" I asked

"It's been months. I've just been so busy lately with this jubilee concert mess"

"I know...I actually talked to your dad today"

"Really?"

"Yeah, he's a really nice guy. I wish you guys would talk more"

He sighed "Can we change the subject?" he said as he began to play with food on his plate

"Why?"

"Because I honestly don't see the purpose"

"At least you have a father that wants to be in your life"

"Its different"

"How? You guys don't know how much you take for granted"

He put down his folk "Violet was his mistress. He cheated on my mother with her for their entire marriage. What kind of man is that? Is that someone you would respect or even want to call to call father? It's his fault my mother got on a plane and it's his fault that he broke the family. He should deal with his mistakes"

"Have you ever talked to him about it?"

"No, he knows what he did and don't try to take his side because he's a charmer"

"I still think you need to talk to him...especially since your planning his jubilee "

"I'm doing it because I'm the oldest and next in line for the throne"

"So you have to do it"

"Basically"

"I know there is something really bugging you-"

"Zara please, I do what I have to do and he runs the commonwealth "

"Ok I'll leave it alone"