Chapter 41: Silver Jubilee

It was jubilee day and I was actually excited we didn't have stuff like this in America. All we have is Trump *groan*

The festivities had begun at the crack of dawn but I was only going to attend the concert which was the biggest event of the night.

"Hey hey hey!" someone called

I spun around to see Troy, Jaya and my mother in the doorway. I squealed with excitement and rushed over to hug them

"You're wearing that?" Troy asked in slight disgust

"Yeah, what's wrong with it?" I asked looking down at my dress

"Good thing I brought my wardrobe," he said as two servants brought in his huge suitcase

"When did you guys get here?" I asked as Troy started pulling out dresses

"A little over an hour ago. They even got us a first class flight" my mother said

"Mommy, your face is beat," I said as I pushed a curl away from her face

"Well, you know," she said as he flipped her hair. I was even more excited that my family was here.

Troy put my outfit together and I got my make up done and hair slayed by the crew (Ariana, Nancy, and Maria)

"Girl you about to stunt on England," Troy said. After everyone was ready our car arrived to take us to Buckingham Palace.

"Ah, there you are!" Lorraine said as she hugged me. I introduced my family to the royal family

"Oh, Louis. How are you?" I asked as I hugged him

"I'm well," Louis said as he smiled

"I'm really glad to hear that," I said

"You look lovely," Queen Rose said. I felt everyone in the room looking at me

"What's going on? Is my hair sticking up " I asked as I patted my hair down

"No, no reason you just look so pretty," Jaya said

I smiled "thank you"

"Hey," Alexander said as he softly pecked my lips. I've haven't seen him all day. He looked TF good. His hair was freshly cut, his suit was perfectly tailored for his body and shoes so polished I could see my reflection.

"You clean up well" I teased

"And so do you" he shot back with a smile

All the family members got to sit in special seats to watch the show. The man of the hour arrived with Queen Violet and everyone curtsied or bowed their heads.

I'm not gonna lie, I felt so special sitting next to Alexander and behind the King, with my mother right beside me. I certainly felt regal

The concert had marvelous performances by Stevie Wonder, Ed Sheeran, Adele, Alicia keys, Spice Girls, Tina Turner, Phil Collins and more.

A year ago, I was scrubbing toilets at Starbucks now I was watching a concert in the VIP section front row with the royal family. You never know where you might end up.

Alexander and King Frederick then went down to make the speech.

"Your Majesty...or Dad" the crowd chuckled

I'm sure you would want me to thank, on your behalf, all of the wonderful people who have made tonight possible. All the performers, the artists, the musicians, the comedians. And above all, all those remarkable technicians, all 700 of them, behind the scenes, without which nothing could happen.

Your Majesty, a Silver Jubilee is a prestigious and special event. I now have the honor of celebrating your first jubilee with you and now I have the medal to prove it. And we are now celebrating the life and service of a very special person, over the last 25 years.

I was barely a year when you took the throne and you were only 26. So as a nation this is our opportunity to thank you for always being there for us. For inspiring us with your selfless duty and service, and for making us proud to be British.

Proud, at a time when I know how many of our fellow countrymen are suffering such hardship and difficulty.

Proud to be part of something as unique as the Commonwealth, which, through your leadership, has given us that essential sense of unity through diversity.

So, Your Majesty, we offer you our humble gratitude"

The crowd cheered as they gave a brief hug which made me smile.

"But before the fireworks, I would like to ask if Zara Palmer, would come to the stage"

My whole body froze. My mother nudged me. I looked at her and she already had tears in her eyes.

"Go on," she said. I then look at Jaya and Troy who were beaming.

I had no time for questions so I shakily got up and went to the stage.

Alexander bends on one knee "Zara you've been the rock in my life for a long while now and I can't picture myself without you. From the moment I met you I knew you were meant to be in my life. You're so hardworking, the most generous person I've ever met and the love of my life...Zara Isha Palmer will you marry me?" he asked

I was crying and couldn't feel my legs. "Yes!" I managed to say as I threw my arms around him.

He took out the ring and placed it on my finger. I stared at the ring. Geez, it weighs like 10 pounds.

The British National anthem played in the background as fireworks lit up the night sky

It was the perfect night