ch.7 Ollivander's

Zoë's p.o.v.

After we went to Gringotts, we headed towards Ollivander's wand shop. Uncle Nico was already there. We entered an old dusty looking place. Nobody was there. Dad started to call for him.

''Hello? anyone home? Mister Ollivander?'' Then there was a sudden crash.

''Oh hello. you must be Percy Jackson. Lucas and Zoë Jackson as well! what an audience!''

I was still wondering how he could know us but that left my mind immediately as I felt someone staring at us. I looked outside to see a boy with messy black hair and emerald green eyes looking inside. First he looked surprised but his eyes landed on me and he looked relaxed again. Then he took off with a girl with bushy brown hair and a tall boy with red hair and freckles

I concentrated on Mr. Ollivander again. He was bustling around his store opening all cupboards that could be called cupboards. After a few minutes he opened a cupboard with many charms to lock it up. With a wave of his own wand I noticed all the charms came off. He got out 5 boxes.

One was blue which was starting to fade with a trident on it. He passed it to dad. 

Percy's p.o.v

I received a box which I could feel the power of the sea from. I opened the lid and saw a wand which was turquoise on the top and as it went down it went to a darker and darker shade of blue and ended with a dark brown/black. It had small wave designs on it. At the thick end of the wand it had a grey stone which reminded me of Annabeth's eyes buried into the wood.

''A wand made from deep-sea wood. 11 inches, slightly bendy with a hippocampi scale and an Owl and Pegasus feather as a core and a moonstone engraved in it. Give it a flick'' I grabbed the wand from it's box and immediately felt a warm feeling in my finger tips. I gave it a 'flick' as Ollivander said. suddenly the room was filled with the smell of the sea. I smiled brightly.

''Thank you it's perfect.''

Nico's p.o.v.

The creepy old man then turned to me. I didn't like the way he looked at me. It was like he could see through my deepest secrets. If he could he wouldn't want to again though. I thought bitterly. I was lost in thought until I noticed that he was standing right in front of me.  He gave me a box which was pitch black except for the ghostly white scull on it. I opened the box and saw a wand which was pale grey on the top and it grew darker and darker into pitch black at the end. It had small shards of differently coloured gems buried into the wand as well as a huge blue gem at the end which reminded me of my husband's eyes. I missed Will. I took it out and felt the shadows darken around the room. I gave it a 'flick', imitating Percy. Suddenly gems and other precious stones popped out of the ground together with bones. 

''A wand made of root wood, cut from the very underground it's self. 10 and a half inches, stiff, with a peculiar mixture of pure sunlight and darkness as a core with an alexandrite at the tip.''

''It matches me. dark and peculiar.'' I sniggered.

Thalia's p.o.v.

I was handed a box  which used to be pure white with a lightning bolt crossing with arrows on the box. It was amazing how each and everything seemed to be planned ahead. Like this box was obviously for me. I opened it and saw a slender white wand. It had cracks on the bottom which looked like lightning and the bottom was coated in pure silver. It had an electric blue stone on the end.

''White pine, 11 inches and a half, very bendy with an eagle feather and lightning as a core. It has a tanzanite stone on the end. Often called the lightning stone. Give it a try.'' The thin wand reminded me of an arrow.

I flicked it and suddenly lightning struck the room. Apparently Ollivander was used to this because he simply waved his wand at the now scorched room. Everything returned to how it was.

''Thank you.'' I said showing as much gratitude I could through my voice.

Lucas's p.o.v.

I awaited my turn barely being able to control my ADHD I had. My sister had dyslexia as well,  which I didn't have. He gave me box which had faded from grey to a bluish grey with a trident crossed with a owl in front of it. I opened it and wasn't disappointed. It was beautiful... It was a wand which was a whitish grey at the tip and as it went down it turned into a rich sea blue. It had a sea green gem which reminded me of Zoë's eyes more than dad's.

I flicked it without Ollivander telling me to. Suddenly all the books got wet and we could hear owls hooting in the background. It felt wonderful. Dad used his wand to dry the books although he could do it without a wand. I guess he's excited about his wand as well.

I bowed at Ollivander and he looked taken back but soon said,

''An odd mixture of deep-sea wood and olive wood. 9 inches and a half, extremely flexible with a very rare water phoenix's tail feather as a core.''

Zoë's p.o.v.

After everyone He finally gave me my box, which had faded from blue to a greyish blue with an owl with a trident crossed in front of it. I opened it and was surprised. It was nearly identical to Lucas's but also was the completely opposite of his. It was aquamarine blue at the top and as it went down it gradually turned into a dark grey. It had a striking grey gem which reminded me of Lucas's eyes more than mom's which was weird. Or should I say 'Mum's', now we're in England.

Ollivander looked at me silently. I like this old man's eyes, I thought. It was like he held many stories and secrets inside them.

He gestured for me to flick the wand, and I did. suddenly it was raining. Not just any water. Salt water. Owl feathers as well. I proudly looked at my family. I burst out laughing as I saw my family drenched wet with owl feathers sticking out. 

Dad whispered, ''scourgify'' and all feathers disappeared and we were all dry again. Dad got his bag out to get some wizarding money but Ollivander stopped him and said, 

''Your parents have already paid for your wands a long time ago knowing this day will come. Also, Zoë, your wand is a mixture of beach wood and olive like your twin brother's but yours has a tiny bit more of deep-sea wood than olive as to Lucas who has slightly more olive than deep-sea wood.  9 inches and a half, extremely flexible with a very rare water phoenix's tail feather as a core. Which is interesting because this water phoenix only gave two feathers and it ended up in almost identical wands which have chosen twins. Now I must excuse myself. After the war I am still a bit tired.'' and he disappeared again.

We left Ollivander's. All carrying our new wands which chose us.

End of chapter 7