NINETEEN

-Soomi-

"Soomi?"

I looked up and gave a small smile to Younghoon.

"Here's the banana milk." He said while he went in my room and placed the drink on my bedside table.

"Thank you." I said. "You didn't have to."

"Kinda had to." He chuckled. "Sangyeon hyung said he'd only forgive me if I gave you banana milk."

I rolled my eyes playfully. "He wants to give me banana milk but doesn't want to spend on it. Classic."

"So, uh, about last night..."

"Ah... sorry, Younghoon, I don't have an answer for it right now." I apologized.

"It's fine, I'm willing to wait."

I sighed, knowing that even if I told him not to, he still would.

"Why me, Younghoon? You could've liked anyone else." I asked. "So why me?"

"Because you're not like anyone else."

"Younghoon! I only allowed you in there to give her the milk! Yah, get out before I pull you out of there." Sangyeon shouted.

We both chuckled lightly before he gave me a small smile and left.

Yeah, sure, I'm not like anyone else. But what makes me so sure you aren't either?

🔥❄️❄️🔥

"Can you stop skipping school?"

"Chanhee, for the last time, I am not skipping school. Sangyeon just doesn't want me to leave the house."

"But he's here with us!"

"Hyungseo, I said he didn't want me to leave, not that he didn't want to leave."

The boys chuckled and I knew that when I went back to school, I'd get more than a kind hug from Hyungseo.

"Okay, let her be." Sangyeon's voice chirped. "You want me to bring anything home?"

I hesitated a bit before shyly answering.

"Banana milk."

"Soomi," Younghoon said, a sound between a laugh and a choke coming after, "I bought you three of those."

"And they're all finished, aren't they?"

I laughed a bit. "Yeah, Jaehyun, they are."

"Soomi, will you slow down with the banana milk?" Haknyeon teased.

"Nah, if you knew me, you'd know that I'd drink that anytime." I sang playfully.

"Alright, alright, I'll get you banana milk— but only one."

"What? Why?" I pouted.

"Soomi." He warned and I caved.

After we said our goodbyes, I sighed and went back on my bed and just stared at the ceiling.

I guess I was slightly confused. I knew that I didn't have any romantic feelings for Younghoon whatsoever and that he really was just a best friend to me, but I also needed something to distract me from my feelings for Jaehyun.

But I couldn't. There was no way I could play with Younghoon like that.

I took my phone and unlocked it, going to my messages.

"I haven't done this in a long time." I mumbled to myself before clicking on Jaehyun's contact and scrolled up.

Jaehyun 🙄: Soomiiiii

Soomi: Whaaaat

Jaehyun 🙄: Can you go out :((

Jaehyun 🙄: I haven't seen you in forever

Soomi: Okay what's wrong? What happened?

Jaehyun 🙄:Yuna's dating someone else

Soomi: Oh... I'm sorry to hear that, I know how much you like her

Jaehyun 🙄:Liked. Also, I'm not even sure if I liked her that much

Soomi: Oh? Why?

Jaehyun 🙄:Dunno, I feel like I like someone else is all, but she's oblivious to it

Soomi: Well she's an idiot

Jaehyun 🙄: Yeah you sure are

Soomi: What? Okay you're mean :(((

I locked my phone and put it away. I closed my eyes and let out a heavy sigh.

We'd changed so much. We used to be so playful with one another, but now we just fight.

Or we used to.

But now he's been going back to being playful with me and I don't know if I should be glad or scared. I don't know if he would really be back to being the Jaehyun I know, or if he was gonna go back to hurting me.

But the look he gave me. That apologetic look he gave couldn't have meant nothing.

I shook my head and pulled my blanket over me, sleeping my thoughts away.

I HAVE TEARS STREAMING DOWN I CAN'T GET OVER ERIC'S HAIR (tbh I thought I was gonna swerve but then I saw Jaehyun so I'm fine)