FOURTEEN

-Soomi-

I sighed as I flopped on the couch, closing my eyes. I was exhausted mentally and emotionally.

"Hey, little sister." Sangyeon said softly as he sat beside me. "I heard what went down during school a while ago."

I sighed. "And?"

He chuckled. "I appreciate how you kind of stood up for me, but I would appreciate it more if you wouldn't get into trouble."

I smiled and faced him. "Yeah, well, I'd rather get into trouble than not standing up for you at all."

He kissed my forehead and smiled. "I'm supposed to be protecting you, not the other way around."

"It can go both ways." I said, smiling.

His smile grew bigger as he hugged me. I sighed in content as I felt better in my brother's arms.

"Mom and dad might be home in a week." He informed me out of nowhere.

"Oh? It's about time, I've missed them."

He hummed in response and started playing with my hair.

"Little sis," he started, "what's going on between you and Younghoon?"

I let out a small groan. "First you ask about Hyungseo, now you're asking about Younghoon. Same thing, there's nothing going on."

"Really? The boys seem to think otherwise. Especially Jaehyun."

I scoffed. "Why would Jaehyun suddenly care?"

"But you still care about him, don't you?"

"I— " I stuttered as the words couldn't seem to escape my mouth.

Jaehyun and I had been through so much when we were younger, I just don't know what happened to make him so cold to me.

I let out a small sigh.

"Of course I still care about him. He was one of my closest friends, I just don't know what happened."

Sangyeon chuckled. "If you ask me, I'm betting the cliché thing happened."

I shot him a glare. "Well, no one asked you. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go to bed, I'm drained from today."

"Alright."

🔥❄️❄️🔥

"Can they quiet down?" I mumbled to myself as I squinted to check the time.

I groaned as I saw that it was eleven in the morning.

I really thought I was going to be able to sleep in.

I heaved a sigh as I slowly sat up and stretched. Meanwhile, the noise downstairs didn't subside.

"Are all the boys here?" I mumbled once more before getting out of bed and making myself look presentable.

Once I freshened up, I headed down and saw that all the boys were indeed the house. I took a breath before going to the kitchen to see all of them chattering while eating.

"Oh? Soomi-ah, morning!" Chanhee greeted and I gave him a smile.

I headed over to my brother who was pouring coffee and slightly hit him.

"What the— I could've spilled the coffee, what was that for?"

"Next time you have your friends over, tell me, so I know when I'm going to have blabbering boys as my alarm."

He chuckled. "Sorry."

"Is there anything for me to eat? Or have you barbarians taken everything?" I asked, looking around.

"Here," a new voice chirped, "I saved some thinking you'd wake up to our noise."

I looked at who said it and felt surprised.

"Oh," I blinked, "thank you, Jaehyun."

He gave me a small smile then I felt a nudge. I looked at my brother, warning him, and shook my head slightly.

"Aren't you gonna eat?" Jaehyun asked.

"Oh, uh, there's nowhere to s—"

Younghoon stood up and looked at me with a smile. "Morning, Soomi. I'm done eating anyway, you can take my seat." He said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

I gave him a small smile. "Thanks, Younghoon."

The boys gave a 'ooo' as they looked at us with teasing looks. We both groaned and said that it still wasn't what they thought, but the fact that both of us said it at the same time made them suspect even more. But other than that, the morning went by swiftly. We all talked and ate, Younghoon sat on the counter instead of just standing. And during that time, whenever I would look over to where Jaehyun was, he'd be laughing or smiling at whatever his friends had said.

And I didn't want to admit this, but damn, his smile and laugh just made me want to smile and laugh with him.

---

Yay filler chapter I'm sorry I have a writer's block ;-;

And thANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 700+ READS IM BEYOND AMAZED THANK YOU ALL AAAAA

And I will also take this time to promote a lil au account of mine. It's on Twitter- I'll be starting an interactive au for The Boyz soon and I hope you can support it, like how you guys are supporting this book. I'm @kpopau_ and as of now my icon is white.

Again, tHANK YOU ALL SO MUCH ADJSKDBBWISN 사랑해~!