TEN

-Soomi-

I sighed as I leaned my head back, my group mates talking amongst themselves.

It was currently English Literature and we had to interpret a story. I was stressed, and the thought that I still had to face Jaehyun at some point of today stressed me out even more.

"Soomi, what do you think this part means?"

I brought my head back forward as I looked at the part she was talking about.

"Oh, I think it means..."

The day went on and on, my head had started to ache, and I didn't know if I could handle it anymore.

🔥❄️❄️🔥

It was lunch time, and the whole time, I was on guard. I was expecting Jaehyun to just pop out of nowhere and pull a stupid prank or humiliate me in any way possible.

But it never happened.

I reached the cafeteria in peace. I sat down with the guys in peace. When I looked around the table, that's when I noticed that Jaehyun wasn't around.

"Guys, where's Jaehyun?" I asked.

Chanhee, who was beside me, answered as the others carried on with their conversations.

"Oh, hyung got sick all of a sudden." He said. "So he's absent today."

"Oh."

I know that I'm supposed to feel happy that he wouldn't be here to annoy me, but for some reason, I also felt disappointed.

I felt a light poke on my side, and when I turned my head to the left, I saw Younghoon beaming at me. I quirked an eyebrow and he chuckled.

"Let's take a walk?"

"Where?" I asked, laughing slightly at his request.

"You know, around the school grounds. I haven't explored the paths in a while." He said.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Such a romantic."

He winked. "And you're a romanticist."

"Yah," I said as I felt myself warm up, "let me eat."

"Alright, I'll let you eat, but walk with me after?"

"I - "

I stopped myself as I looked at him to see his eyes shining with hope. I sighed as I gave in, letting out a small smile and nodding.

He beamed even more and chuckled as he nodded back.

"Stop flirting with my sister, will you?"

"Oh, oppa." I laughed. "You heard?"

"Yes, I heard. Did you hear about Jaehyun?"

"Yeah, Chanhee told me."

Sangyeon took his seat beside Jacob and started to eat. We all started to talk among ourselves, and I would say that I was happy and satisfied but I wasn't. I wasn't satisfied because I knew there was something missing, I felt like Jaehyun was a part of my 'daily routine'. To have him annoy me and all that.

I shook my head, thinking I was way out of my mind.

"You okay, Soomi?" Younghoon asked.

"Huh? Oh yeah," I took my last bite and stood up, "if you're done, we can have that walk now."

"See." He chuckled. "You're a romanticist."

I rolled my eyes as we got out of our seats, excusing ourselves from the table that hooted and cheered as we left.

On the way out, Younghoon linked my arm with his, smiling shyly and I felt myself warm up a little. I breathed out shakily, not liking the attention we were gaining.

When we reached the path that surrounded our school grounds, trees acting as our shade from the afternoon sun, the wind caressing my flushed face.

It was quiet as we started to walk, only the occasional rustling of leaves and bird chirps were heard. By this time, Younghoon's hand had intertwined with mine and he was caressing the back of my hand with his thumb.

"How do you feel today?" He asked gently.

"What do you mean?" I replied. "Like, with Jaehyun not here?"

He chuckled nervously. "Yeah."

"Well, to be honest, I feel kind of... incomplete."

"Ah, I see."

The walk lasted for almost the whole lunch time and we were almost late since we only went back in the building right when the bell rang.

The walk was full of jokes and Younghoon's aegyo and him trying to make me do it - of course I said no - and occasional flirting here and there.

When we went back to the building, he dropped me off to my classroom, making it absolutely obvious that he dropped me off, making his 'fans' swoon and the other boys shoot glares at their hyung.

As I sat back down, a small smile played on my face.

-Younghoon-

As I made my way back to my classroom after dropping Soomi off, there was one thing that kept bothering me for some stupid reason.

I knew what was going on between him and Soomi anyway, but it was hard. I had the chance to know her and now that I do, it's so much harder not to fall for her.

But the thing is, Soomi feels incomplete without Jaehyun.

I chuckled lightly as I shook my head with a playful smile.

It's happening already?

---

I AM SO SO SORRY ABOUT MY LATE UPDATES OMG AAAAA HUHU SORRY IF THE CHAPTER SUCKS. but there will be more interaction between Soomi and Jaehyun soon don't worry it won't turn into a Soomi and Younghoon fanfic. Also CHANHEE'S YOUNGJAE'S CHANGMIN'S AND HAKNYEON'S HAIR I-