THIRTEEN

-Soomi-

It was Friday, Younghoon and I went out on Tuesday, which means it's been three days since I visited Jaehyun.

I sighed as I closed my locker, wondering if Jaehyun was any better. He did look pretty sick when I visited him.

"Hey."

I slightly jumped and let out a panicked breath out. I recollected myself while turning around to meet whoever said that.

My eyes narrowed when I saw that it was Yuna, one of the popular girls, and one that I don't have good history with.

"What?" I asked bluntly. "I don't have time for this, Yuna."

She scoffed. "You shouldn't have any time at all." She glared at me. "Is it true that you went to Jaehyun oppa's house a few days back?"

I had to stop myself from cringing at how she said Jaehyun oppa. They're the same age, what the fuck is she calling Jaehyun oppa for?

"Yeah, I did." I answered. "Why?"

"Why?" She laughed bitterly. "Why? Because you shouldn't even be looking at him, you bitch! I don't care if your brother is his leader or whatever. Your brother shouldn't even be near Jaehyun, your brother looks like shit."

My eyes widened as I took a step toward her, dropping the books in my arms.

"What the fuck did you say about my brother?"

Her eyes widened and I saw that she had a bit of fear in them, bonus factor was that she swallowed hard.

"I - I said that your brother looks like s-shit!" She stuttered. "I mean, come on, among his group of friends? Your brother has got to be the ugliest."

And that's when I lost it.

She looked at me with disgust and surprise as I felt a slight sting in my palm.

"Why you— "

She raised her arm to slap me back but a hand held her wrist. She struggled against the force but she stopped when she saw who it was.

"Y-Younghoon oppa." She said nervously. "I— "

He let her hand go roughly, not looking at her, but me. I looked away from him as the crowd started to gather.

"Soomi." He called out, but I didn't look at him. "Soomi." He said again, but this time sterner.

I slowly looked at him and saw disappointment written all over his face. He shook his head at me then looked at Yuna.

"Yuna, it isn't nice to say things like that. Especially with that reputation of yours?" He chuckled. "People would really see that you're a bitch. Now, if you're going to insult one of the people this oppa and Jaehyun oppa admire, then insult them in front of us, ourselves, and not through his sister. Understood?"

She didn't answer, only nodded slightly.

"Do you understand?" He said louder.

"Y-yes I do!" She squeaked out.

"I don't think you do. Soomi," he looked at me, "I don't think one hit is enough. Do y—"

"Stop." Someone's voice rang through the halls. "One his is definitely enough, Younghoon."

My eyes widened as my throats felt parched. I knew that voice too well, and I was all too familiar with the tone he was using too.

"Don't you all have class to go to? What are you doing here? Scamper off!" Everyone did so but Yuna didn't. "That includes you too, Yuna. Unless you wanna witness something uglier than you just went through."

This made her and her group of friends leave the scene as well.

"He - "

"Don't hey me, Younghoon. What the fuck were you thinking? Yuna was embarrassed enough. You have a reputation too, you know, and the fact that we're all close to you? You could affect us all!" He scolded. "And you, Soomi, I expected better from you. How could you just hit her because of what she said about your brother?"

My eyes widened as I looked at him in disbelief.

"Why wouldn't I?" I shot back.

"What's going on between you two anyway?" He suddenly asked.

"Hey, Jaehyun, don't avoid my question."

He didn't look at me but shook his head while chuckling slightly. "Don't hey me, I'm older."

I scoffed. "So what? So what if you're older? Does that give you the right to—"

"Something bad could have happened to you, Soomi!" He shouted, his voice bouncing off the walls.

I laughed bitterly. "Oh. So now you care? After all these years?"

"Who said I cared about a little piece of— " he stopped himself and sighed, "whatever, just whatever. Have fun you two, hope you find happiness in each other. But I dare say, Soomi, I expected better from you. So much better."

I looked away from him and crossed my arms, not liking where anything was going. Once I heard the sounds of retreating footsteps, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me.

"Soomi-ah, are you okay? I'm sorry I got mad."

"It's fine, Younghoon." I said softly. "I'm just... I don't know, I feel weird."

"What do you mean?"

"Usually, I'd ignore Jaehyun at times like this, but this time's different."

"How so?"

"Why do I feel sad at the fact that he's disappointed in me?"

"Maybe you like him." He teased.

I scoffed. "I would never. Have you seen the way he treats me? Please."

"You say that now..." he trailed off, not finishing his sentence.

I rolled my eyes but still couldn't shake off that feeling of anger and sadness. "But how dare she?"

"Hmm?"

"How dare she insult my brother like that?"

He hugged me tighter and put his chin on my head. "Don't worry about it for now, you have a class to get to, don't you?"

"You do, too."

"Then let's get going."

He let go of me and took a hold of my hand before we both took off, Younghoon bringing me to my classroom.