TWELVE

-Soomi-

"I am not having this conversation with you again!" I shrieked out in annoyance as my brother laughed.

"Just admit it," he pushed again, "you like him."

"Sangyeon, the only guy I like is Oh Sehun, Jeon Jungkook, or Kim Jungwoo."

He rolled his eyes. "But you came home late last night and he was the one who dropped you off."

"For the last time, it was traffic!"

He laughed as he engulfed me in a hug and I hugged back. He kissed my forehead and hugged me tighter.

"You're growing up, little sister."

🔥❄️❄️🔥

I sighed as I knocked on the door, my stomach unsettled. In one hand, I had porridge, and in the other, I had his favorite tea.

The door opened to reveal his mom who smiled widely as soon as she saw me.

"Soomi-ah."

"Hi, auntie." I smiled.

"It's been a while since I've seen you."

"Ah, true." I laughed softly. "Sangyeon hasn't been visiting so I don't either."

"Come in, come in."

She moved aside and I bowed before going in, removing my shoes as I entered.

"He's upstairs."

I nodded once with a small smile as I slipped on slippers and headed up the stairs. I got more nervous each step I took.

When I reached his bedroom door, I knocked and heard a weak 'come in'. I sighed as I turned the knob nervously and stepped in with my head down.

"Mom, I'm - wait a minute." He paused. "Soomi? What are you doing here?"

I slowly lifted my head too look at him with a nervous smile on my face.

"Hey Jaehyun." I greeted softly. "I heard you were sick so I just decided to, uh, bring you stuff that usually made you better."

He just looked at me and it took a while before he nodded, signaling me that I could continue with whatever I was going to do.

I placed the porridge by his bedside table then sat on the edge of his bed and handed him the drink. He sipped it and let out a small smile.

"I've missed this." He said.

"Which?"

"Everything."

I looked at him and my smile grew a tad bit more.

"Then I'll make sure to get you tea every now and then."

"Not just the tea, dumbass. You, too."

I felt myself warm up as I diverted my gaze away from his and slowly got up from the bed.

"You're sick, Jaehyun, you're saying things you wouldn't normally say when you're fine." I said, shaking my head.

"Soomi, no, I'm sorry - "

"Jaehyun," I cut him off gently, "you should rest. I just brought you these since I remembered that you usually get better faster when you eat these."

I looked at him quickly before looking away from him again. I bowed while letting out a quick goodbye and scuttled off to his door. As I was on the other side and closed it, I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in.

That was unusual of him to say.

-Jaehyun-

I stared at the tea and porridge.

That's all I did for the last five minutes since she left.

But my stomach got the best of me. It grumbled and I knew that I had to eat the food before it became cold and I wouldn't enjoy it.

I got the porridge and placed it on my bed as I folded my legs up to a cross legged position. I removed the lid and the aroma hit me instantly. A smile spread across my face and I felt as if my fever had gone down already.

"She remembers." I muttered to myself, like an idiot.