Ch 16. First Dates.

Lisa cleared her throat and composed herself as she slowly brought her fist up to the door. She knocked a few times and waited nervously for an answer.

Chaeyoung opened the door and greeted her with a smile. "Hi, you ready to go?"

Lisa opened her mouth to speak but no words came out as she took in Chaeyoung's appearance. She looked absolutely gorgeous.

It was a simple outfit but Lisa is convinced she could probably make a trash bag look beautiful.

"Lisa?"

"Uh y-yeah." Lisa says snapping out of her staring. She closes her mouth and smiles at Chaeyoung. "You just uh...you look beautiful." She says making Chaeyoung blush.

"Thank you." Chaeyoung says.

Lisa offers her arm before escorting her to her car for their date.

•••

"So where are we going?" Chaeyoung asks.

They've been driving for around twenty minutes now and Lisa still hasn't said.

"Well I know if I took you to a big fancy dinner and treated you like the princess like you deserve to be, you'd protest so..." Lisa purses her lips. "I put together a better idea."

Chaeyoung smiles softly at the revelation. "Am I allowed to know this so called better idea?"

"Nope!" Lisa smiles. "But you'll love it." She says. "Only ten more minutes."

•••

"No way." Chaeyoung says.

"Yes way." Lisa smiles. She gets out of the car so that she can open the door for Chaeyoung. "I know it's a little cliché but I thought simple was the way to go." She shrugs shyly. "Do you like it?"

Chaeyoung smiles as she takes Lisa's hand and follows her to the trunk. Sure a date to the drive-in was cheesy, but she admired Lisa's effort.

"I love it Lisa." Chaeyoung says as she leans in to kiss Lisa's cheek.

Lisa blushes and opens up her trunk to reveal a few blankets and a basket. She lets go of Chaeyoung's hand to set her back seats down and spread out her blankets.

Lisa moves onto the blankets and pats the spot next to her. To which Chaeyoung accepts happily.

"So what movie are we seeing?" Chaeyoung asks as Lisa moves her arm around her.

"My Girl." Lisa answers.

"I love that movie." Chaeyoung smiles.

"Lucky guess." Lisa smiles back. "You know, you really do look beautiful. Not just right now...but all the time."

Chaeyoung gives her a soft smile and closes her eyes when Lisa leans forward to place a soft kiss on her forehead.

She rests her head on Lisa's shoulder comfortably before the movie previews start playing on the large screen ahead of them.

"It really is the perfect night for this." Chaeyoung says as she looks up at the clear starry sky.

"It really is." Lisa says quietly. She was content with the feeling of Chaeyoung in her arms. "I brought some snacks too, if you wish."

She leans forward to reach into their basket as she pulls out a few snacks from it.

"Oh my god I haven't had these in so long." Chaeyoung smiles as Lisa tosses her a box of Pocky.

"Well lucky I brought extra." Lisa chuckles at her excitement.