"Caroline has some news for you.", grand mom said.

Is Luiz going to marry Maryam?

"Lara its time that you take up the businesses which I handed over to you. Let's start from next week.", she said.

"I am really sorry Caroline. But I cant. I love my current job.", I said.

"You will love that job too. You just need to have a kick start.", she said.

"The people over here are genuine. I hate the corporate world! Friends and family members cheat each other for money.", I said.

"Not everyone is same. Cardoso's are known for being ethical. Moreover, it will be more fun if the work is more challenging.", she said.

"I don't want to take up those businesses. They are not hard earned by me.", I said.

"They are hard earned by me and I am transferring them to you because Luiz cannot take care of everything.", she said.

I sighed.

"I don't want anything fancy in my life. I am happy with few dollars in my life. I have never been this happier in my life.", I told her frankly.

"Don't argue. Your mom did a lot for us. This is nothing in front of that. Be ready tomorrow. I will send you a car and yeah, wear formals.", she said.

"I don't have.", I told her.

"Okay I will take care.", she said.

"I will leave now. Please visit our mansion.", she told my grand mom.

"See you tomorrow in the office.", she said and went.

After she left, I turned to grand mom and said, "I don't want to face Luiz."

"Don't give him this much importance. Do not miss opportunities for him. Will he do it if he were you?", she said.

"I don't think so.", I said.

"Then even you don't. You work hard and perform well. Just avoid him as much as possible and concentrate on your career.", she said.

"Okay.", I said.

Now I have to tell café owner about it. Phew!

It was early in the morning. I dressed myself in a white top and jeans.

Caroline said that she would take care of my dress.

My doorbell rang and I went to open the door.

"You?", I asked.

"Yeah me.", Luiz said.

"Why are you here?", I asked him.

He lifted his hand and showed me a formal white colour dress which was well packed.

"Thanks. You may now get out.", I said and was about to close the door but he held it with his hand.

"Make it fast. We should not be late to office.", he said.

"I will come by myself. You need not waste your precious time for me.", I said sarcastically.

"I know what I have to do. Now hurry up.", he said.

I quickly changed my dress and made a ponytail.

I applied lip balm and mascara.

I was about to wear my shoes when he said, "Wait."

He lifted white colour shoes in his hands.

So I was suppose to wear them.

I was about to take it when he lifted them high.

"Luiz what is this childish behavior? Give me the shoes.", I said angrily.

"Take it yourself.", he said.

I jumped high and tried many other ways to get it. But the efforts were waste.

I decided to wear my own regular shoes.

Hey my High Fliers!!

Make my day by VOTING, COMMENTING, SHARING and FOLLOWING me on Wattpad.

Love you all <3 XOXO

For more updates follow me on Instagram at anjana_1118