Eight • Inescapable

Start from the beginning

"Why would I give you the advantage of knowing your family's state of being?" I laughed at her. She doesn't need to know that her wretched family is breathing poorly at this second. That would only give her the hopes of getting out which clearly, will never happen.

"Why are you keeping me here, Dimitrius?" Her fortitude is amusing, not a single cell in her body backs down from me.

"Because I can."

I circled her, stalking Felicity like she's my prey. Every time I inhale her scent, her soul like fire fills my nostrils. Yes, I can detect what they feel.

A blazing soul is as strong as a ferocious mind and a discerned mind. Those are the three things that a Lowell never have yet here she is, standing in front of me, proving my fallacious belief.

She searched my eyes as if waiting for an answer. For a human, Felicity is truly beautiful. Her features are ravishing and as exquisite as her personality but I wouldn't give into her alluring body. The moment I laid my eyes on her, I have always reminded myself, she is a Lowell.

"You're keeping me here for a reason."

Indeed.

But she doesn't need to know my reasons. "Maybe I just want to," I told her. Obviously, she didn't believe me and disagreed.

She didn't oppose to what I have said. Instead, her eyes left my glare and she started walking towards one of the tables.

I watched her stomp her feet, causing her heels to make clicking sounds. What was she doing? Felicity glided her fingers over the weapons on my table.

She picked up the dagger and played with it carefully. It would be stupid of her to think that she can kill me with a dagger.

"A death by a dagger is what you're planning to do to me?" I laughed at her idiotic plan. Desperation, that's probably eating her.

"I wouldn't give you the ascendancy of keeping me just because you want to."

Before I knew it, my actions reacted involuntarily. "No!" I screamed as she plunged the dagger into her chest.

Using my vampire speed, I ran to catch her body before she fell to the ground. Blood poured from her stomach and it took all my control to keep myself from indulging in her.

Bravery. That's what she held before deciding to take her life in front of me. With one swift motion, I pulled the dagger out of her chest and bit my wrist.

"Felicity, I need you alive," I told her before letting my blood heal her wounded body. She can't die, not until she's of no use.

I held her lifeless body as I stormed out of the throne room, ordering my guards to send the doctor to my chambers and heal her.

While she was in my arms, vampires shot their hungry looks on Felicity. The blood that seeped out of her body gave the sweetest scent I have ever smelled. I knew that it took all of their self-control to prevent themselves from draining Felicity's life out of her.

The doctor was already in the room as I laid Felicity on the bed, not caring if she stains it with her blood.

I stood outside, next to the other guards because the doctor had to take Felicity's clothes out and I had the respect to not look at her bareness.

"Why didn't you just compel her memories away?" Hayden, my first-in-command asked.

I could have done that but I didn't. Wiping out her memories would be like erasing who she is and that wouldn't serve her purpose.

"I will, once the prophecy happens."

A few hours passed and finally, the doctor said that she is fine. I went into the room and saw her lying down peacefully.

"Felicity, not even death will take you away from me. I am inescapable," I whispered to her unconscious body.

• • • • •

Thank you so much for 600 reads! I know that it's still too low but it means so much to me. Anyways, here's a Dimitrius' point of view in a longer chapter, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I had fun writing it. Please, follow, vote, comment, and share!

1.) What do you think of this chapter?

2.) What do you think of Dimitrius' point of view? Should I stay on writing Felicity's point of view?

3.) How did you react to Felicity's attempt of killing herself?

4.) Do you think Felicity will break?

5.) Tell me about your ideas of what might happen next! What 'reason' and 'prophecy' was Dimitrius talking about?

Don't be shy, flood me with your comments, I really would love to hear your insights. See you on the next update!