Chapter 10

Miranda smiled to herself as she heard the shrill sound of her daughter giggling. On the shoreline, Blake was tossing Sadie up in to the air and holding her little body down so the waves could crash over her feet. She was laughing hysterically and as hot and tired as Blake was, he didn't have the heart to stop while his little one was having so much fun.

Miranda relaxed back in to the beach chair and let the sun kiss her skin. It was late afternoon, but the sun was still burning and the humidity was high.

As Blake kept on playing with Sadie in the water, Miranda began to grow sweaty in the sun, so she grabbed a diet coke and a straw from the cooler and put the umbrella out as she sipped it.

Within 10 minutes, Blake had managed to convince Sadie to head back over to the umbrella to cool down out of the sun. Sadie ran over and Miranda frowned when she saw how puffed she looked, her face red, not the sunburnt kind, but the overheating kind.

"Have some water Honey." Miranda insisted and Sadie grabbed her water bottle from the cooler and sat down on her towel under the umbrella.

"You too!" Miranda said firmly when Blake wondered back and slumped down on the other end of Sadie's towel. His face was red and puffed too, so Miranda threw him another water bottle from the cooler and the tube of sunscreen.

When they had cooled down, Blake reapplied Sadie's sunscreen and put her hat on her head, before he did the same to himself. When his sunscreen was on, Blake turned back to his wife, who was laying on the beach chair and reached the sunscreen out to her.

"Do you want some?" He asked and Miranda pushed herself up so she was sitting and wiped the sweat off her head.

"I'm gonna head back up, I feel a little light-headed." She said quietly and Blake frowned, standing up and heading over to sit next to Miranda.

"You okay?" He asked gently as he pushed back the sweaty hair from her forehead and Miranda nodded and gave him a little smile.

"I'm fine, I just need to cool down." She assured him and Blake raised his eyebrows but knew it wasn't worth arguing with her.

"Do you want us to come back with you?"

Miranda shook her head and nodded over towards Sadie, who had picked up a bucket and was attempting to build a sandcastle.

"You two stay, she's having fun." Miranda insisted and when Blake looked unsure, Miranda smiled again. "I'm fine, I promise. I'm just going to have a cold shower and relax."

Blake sighed and kissed her forehead, before he helped her up and handed her her beach bag of things.

"Take it easy and have a lie down. We'll be up soon Sweetie." Blake insisted carefully and Miranda nodded and accepted the little kiss on the lips he gave her.

"Sadie, Baby. Momma's gonna go up to the house. Stay here with Daddy." She called out and rolled her eyes when Sadie barely acknowledged her and asked Blake to go play with her.

Blake watched as Miranda walked back up the beach and then headed back over to Sadie to help her build her sandcastle. He figured the quicker they built it, the quicker he could get Sadie back up to the house to check on Miranda.

Miranda wondered back up the sand and breathed a sigh of relief when she unlocked the front door and stepped in to the cooler air inside. She stepped in and opened up the windows and left the screen door open to let the breeze blow through the house.

Since she was sweaty and hot, Miranda dropped her beach bag and headed to the bathroom to pull off her cover up and bathing suit, before she ran a cold shower and breathed as the water cooled her overheating body down.