30. redemption

Wow, five more chapters and this book will come to an end. Thanks to everyone who's come along for the ride! :'(

 Thanks to everyone who's come along for the ride! :'(

***

***

The Arreaga household is...chaotic.

After almost two weeks of living with them, I was finally starting to get used to all the commotion in the mornings. There's supposed to be a set routine that everyone follows but that only happens once in a blue moon. Mrs. Arreaga usually yells for everyone to wake up at around six-fifteen and after that, she leaves it up to us to figure who gets the bathroom first.

Before I moved in it used to only be me and Sarai. We never argued over who got to use the bathroom because we never needed it at the same time. Plus there was always the one downstairs. It's an entirely different story over here.

Amour's parents have their own bathroom in their room strictly off-limits for anyone under forty, so that's no use. Angel fucked up the draining system in the one downstairs so now the whole room is under construction. This leaves the one upstairs that the four of us have to share.

Amour takes forever to get ready, so he's made it his goal to wake up early just to get to the bathroom first. He usually takes his shower while I brush my teeth and wash my face. I take my showers at night so I'm always fully dressed at least twenty minutes before Amour.

This morning was going a little different. Amour's alarm didn't go off this which caused us to wake up late and lose the race to the bathroom. It doesn't affect me too much, but Amour was livid when he realized he couldn't shower because Angel locked himself in the bathroom.

"Open the fucking door!" Amour shouted, hitting the wooden door repeatedly.

"Go wash your ass with the hose!" Angel yelled from the other side.

I watched as the vein in Amour's head bulged as his cheeks began to turn a dark shade of red. "Unlock the fucking door before I break it down and beat your ass!" he threatened.

"¡Vete a la mierda!"

Spending a couple of weeks with the Arreaga's also meant learning certain phrases in Spanish. This sentence could mean one of the three things. Fuck off, fuck you, or go to hell. I'm guessing it was 'fuck off' in this case.