04. pink velvet shorts

A/N: What's your favorite song at the moment? Mine is "Call Out My Name" by The Weeknd

Monday mornings were normally gloomy and boring but today atmosphere was just depressing

Monday mornings were normally gloomy and boring but today atmosphere was just depressing. The freshman and sophomores were usually loud 24/7 but for some reason, everyone was unusually quiet. Something was wrong.

When I walked through the doors all eyes were on me. Reese said someone told the entire school I punched a dog in the face, which was just fantastic.

I shook the stares off and walked towards my locker, stopping when I saw candles and flowers placed on the one right next to mine. A couple of kids were surrounding it, one began to weep as she laid a teddy bear on the floor. I frowned when I saw the picture.

Velvet shorts.

Her name was Michy Quinones, her picture showed the same braced smile from Friday. Memories started rushing back to my mind, she was there when the fight started but I couldn't remember where she went after that. She disappeared when I went to grab Reese.

"I told her she shouldn't have gone to that party." A sad voice spoke.

Next to me was another girl who resembled Michy, their features were almost the same, this one just looked a little younger.

"I'm sorry," I said.

The girl looked at me with sad eyes. "What are you sorry about? You were the one who made her last night worth something."

"I'm not trying to be insensitive, but how'd she...pass?" I asked.

"She tripped and fell. Got crushed when everyone was running on top of her." The girl said, her fist clenching.

"Damn" I muttered under my breath. She was the girl I saw trip.

"I'm Joseline by the way, Michy's sister." The girl, Joseline, gave me a sad smile.

I smiled back. "Isaiah," The five-minute bell started to ring, letting students know that passing period was coming to an end. "I gotta get to class, but I'm sorry about your loss. She's in a better place now."