The whole school burst into claps and hoots.

I looked at him squeezed his hand and let him go.

He went to the stage like the perfect student he was he received the trophy.

He was supposed to take a picture for the daily prophet  but instead he spoke.

"Thank you headmaster for giving me this honorable title but I am not the only one who deserves this I would like to call upon Elizabeth Skylark on the stage to share this honor with."

The clapping regained their momentum. And my legs of their own accord walked towards the stage.

A bright flash and the photo was over. The headmaster returned to his table along with after saying their congratulations I was by Tom's side the whole time.

"And when I conquer the world you'd be by my side my queen. " he had whispered.

Then the music changed indicating the mandatory dance of the perfect.

I swirled in his arms almost melting with the thrill and excitement. He pulled me closed "I'll let you step on my toes"

I stomped on his feet.

His features turned into a feline grin.

Tired with the dancing I approached the drinks.
Accidentally staining Tom's robes

"I'll forgive all your mistakes" he said." if you make if up to me."

A wave of his wand and the stain was gone. He brought his lips to brush over my jaw.

"But most of all I will love you with all I have." He said looking into my eyes and then kissing my forehead.

He bent down on one knee.

"Will you Eliza do me the honor of being my beloved?"

He said almost looking vulnerable but the stoniness of his eyes begged otherwise.

"I-I .... Yes"

He laughed as he picked me up.

"Say that again."

"Yes"

"And again."

"Yes yes yes . I LOVE YOU TOM WITH ALL MY HEART AND MY SOUL.."  I only realized I was screaming when everybody stopped to look.

I blushed red as the most ripe apple.

"I love the color of your cheeks." He said his thumb on my cheek.

But then Abraxas came rushing.

"My Lord....Tom"

I took a step back.

"This better be good." Tom growled.

They talk in hushed tones.

He looked at me.

GO, I mouthed.

He left without a glance back.

"Can I offer you a drink?" Said Reece's voice.

"Hmm?"

"Its not everyday a person who has just declared their love leaves their.... um.. beloved alone to fend for themself. "

"What are you trying to say. Reece." I say angry and massaging my temples.

"I am a man struck by tragedy taking a last dose of their drug."

"What? Have you had too much to drink Reece. Are you Ok?"

"All I request is the pleasure of your company. So I know there is hope even in tradegy."

"What is wrong?" I ask questioning his gibberish.

"A goblet of firewhiskey might interest you."

I sighed no point in thinking about what he was trying to say. He was drunk out of wits.

"What I am saying is the girl I loved has promised herself to someone else like she did to me except she's forgotten her promise  and I can't blame her for it." he said perhaps sensing my confusion.

Was he talking about Euphemia but she was single. Who else could it be to bring the bright Reece to such a state. 

"True love always finds a way. Memory is a thing of the mind if she loved you than she will not love anyone else not like she loved you. And if it's meant to be it will happen." I try assuring him

"Really?" He smiled his cheer brightening the whole room somehow.

"Really."

An I'm crying poor Reece and Liz. An Tom and Elizabeth ugh.

Hope you enjoyed vote n comment to tell me what you think....