Back to the Start Chapter 24

"Alright," Night said, "so I will go with Crow to-"

The sudden sound of an engine reving cut Night off and stole everyone's attention. They all took off up a pretty beaten up path that no one used for their runners or anything with wheels.

"They are here," Luna asked slightly worried.

"I don't know," Yusei said seeing a duel runner peek up over a pile of rumble. "They aren't gonna land that!"

Just as the duel runner was about to touch ground on its side it was jerked up right, but for only a few seconds after it landed. It fell onto its side causing its two passengers flying and rolling into an pile of junk.

"Oh my," Layln shouted about to run towards them when Guy held onto her arm protectively.

Zolo took a step towards the two invaders, but froze. The two slowly rolled out of the pile and seemed to be communicating or laughing from the sounds of it. They slowly began to get up and that is when Zolo took off towards them.

"ZOLO!"

Though Night's call out did nothing because he still continue to run and when he reached the slightly shorter figure, he hugged it. Spinning one of them around the other started laughing more, but seemed to be in pain slightly by the looks of his posture. Now everyone in the group began to make their way towards the three, but like Zolo when they got closer Yusei, Night, and Layln bolted towads them. Zolo let go of the one and embraced the other and he was the one to be lifted slightly.

Yusei reached the one who was first hugged and nearly passed out in relief, "Star!"

She turned around after from laughing and slightly froze when Yusei embrassed her. "Yusei?"

"Thank God you are okay," he whispered into her dirty and tangled hair then squeezed her tighter.

"Yusei," she replied and wrapped her arms around him then burried her head into the crook of his neck. "I am glad to see you too." Though she normally didn't cry in front of people, today was an exception, but the tears were not at waterfall amount. But they were enough to do the cheek staining and shirt wetting effect. As she started to cry she held on tighter to Yusei which he returned and for that moment it felt like they were the only ones for miles.

"They didn't hurt you-he, didn't hurt you did he?" He began to pull back to look at her, but she just held on tighter and shook her head. "Promise?" Slowly she nodded her reply, although he knew she was not telling everything. "Wha-"

"I don't want to talk about right now," she softly pulling away, "plus I think there are a couple other people who are in line for a hug."

Yusei nodded slowly letting go and stepped aside allowing Night to nearly knock poor Star over causing a smile to pull at his lips.

"DAMNIT GIRL YOU HAD ME WORRIED," Night scolded pulling Star away to look at her head on before pulling her in for another hug. Star just did that just finished crying laugh and held Night for a tight hug.

"Sorry for what happened back there."

Yusei turned to see Jason rubbing the back of his neck, "what?"

"For leaving you all behind and to lose of some of your friends," Jason added questionally.

"Oh," Yusei turned back to the two girls hugging before answering, "I am just glad you two came back alive. Are either of you hurt?"

"Eh nothing too major and definitely not something we can't handle," Jason laughed softly before wincing holding his gut. "But I promise we are okay," he said seriously looking at Yusei with an equeal tone.