ep|ilogue

song: Shine by Pentagon

(As promised!!)(edit: it's been a solid two months IM SUCH A FAKE BUT HERE IT IS)

Im Changkyun

"This...this is what I call a mess," I pulled on my hair. "In what kind of wedding is the groom the one to be late?!"

"Relax, there is a lot of traffic near Myongdong so that could be why too," Jooheon said carefully. "he's not just suddenly gonna back down, okay?"

"I know, I know but like," I turned around. "If he does, well first of all I'd fight him."

"Listen, hoe-" he paused, looking out of the window. "It's go time!!"

"Fuck me." I sighed in relief, the door opening.

"You called?" Kihyun peered inside.

"You two are nasty," Jooheon shook his head. "I taught you well. Anyway, I'm gonna go raise hell and grab me a glass of champagne."

"Starting early, aren't you?" I smirked.

"It's never too early for alcohol, Kyun," he winked before slipping out of the door, but not before yelling a- "behave!"

"He's never gonna let that go, is he?"

"It's Jooheon, don't expect it," I accepted the hug he offered me. "I'm so nervous."

"Why? If anything you should be the calmest one here, you've been through a wedding." Kihyun grinned.

"We've been through a wedding," I pecked his cheek. "but I don't know, this wedding is so overdue that even we managed to get married before them."

"Well, who's in a rush, eh?" He hooked an arm around my shoulder. "Come on, I'm pretty sure everybody's waiting."

I let him guide me out of the many rooms of the mansion Jaeun set up for the guests, all of us filing out to the never-ending back garden, decorated with a white and lavender theme for the wedding. Up by the altar, Doyoung shifted nervously, even more so when I walked over to him.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I'll explain later."

"Is it something bad?"

He shook his head, still looking mildly terrified. "No no, it's just-"

The poor boy was cut off by the bridal march, as loud as possible. It caught him so off guard he nearly fell over from flinching so hard, and then aimlessly stared around until his eyes landed on my sister who made her way towards him with her arm linked into my Dad, slowly but surely, Doyoung's eyes welling up with tears.

I smiled, slowly returning to my place with the other groomsmen.

***

Far too many champagne glasses in, and a couple spontaneous dance breaks, the newlywed's family and friends sat at the table, talking about anything and anything.

"So," I announced. "when are you two planning on-"

"Well," Jooheon clapped his hands together, his red cheeks a giveaway that he was gone. The sheet gesture made Minhyuk giggle, also two more glasses of wine away from jumping into the fountain at the end of the garden. "I won't lie to you, Janet, I don't know. When one of us decides to make a move. How did you know you were ready to get married to Kihyun?"

"Well, I didn't have much of a choice," I said. "Kihyun just kinda, did it."

"I bet that applies to a lot of things." He smirked.