tw|enty one

song: Wishlist by R5

(I've been reconnecting with my R5 stan lately
edit: I've had this sat in my drafts since Christmas Day circa 6pm when my food coma was finally stabilising
edit II: 7K WOW TYSM Y'ALL)

Im Changkyun

"Mom, like, no offence or whatever," maybe I was being harsh; I took another good look in the mirror. I wasn't. "this is freaking hideous."

"Now, you wear it every year! What's wrong with wearing it now?" She took her eyes off the cake mix she carefully stirred to poke the nose of the reindeer on the jumper. "all of this just because Kihyun is coming over."

"Yeah! When you said ugly jumpers I didn't think you would dig this back out." I whined, collapsing into a kitchen chair.

You see, if the reindeer was two dimensional and just knitted into the scratchy jumper it would be okay; but the demon-like thing protruded out by at least 6 inches, and would sing Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer whenever it's ruby nose was pressed. I frowned down, flicking it and accidentally setting off the song again.

Christmas normally consisted of only us and any other guests, Jaeun in the kitchen helping Mom and me loitering around and stealing any food that looked any less than presentable. This year it was the two of us making the food and occasionally Dad, given that my sister was more and more pregnant by the day. The guests were unheard of, apart from Kihyun.

As I reached for a cookie fresh out of the oven, the doorbell rang. Mom noticed, smacking my hand away. "Go answer it."

"Are you sure about this? Like, are you co-"

"comfortable about the situation?" She mocked my voice, having heard the same questions repeatedly throughout the last 4 hours. "Just go get the door, it's freezing outside."

I shook my head, walking out of the kitchen and across the corridor to the door. The door opened to a Kihyun coated with snowflakes, his nose bright red from the nippy winds. He grinned, then cackled at my jumper. "What is that?!"

"Shut up," I whined, dramatically leaning against the door as he took off his boots & jacket. "my Mom got it out, and today isn't the day for me to defy her - Why is your jumper nice?!"

"Oh you think?" He pressed a button, the Christmassy lights on it which initially appeared to be fake, beginning to blink wildly. I laughed.

"It's cute," I grinned as he approached me, arms moving to my shoulders by default. "in a weird way."

He didn't hesitate to leave a handful of kisses on my lips. "Hm, I know someone like that. Minus the weird way."

There was a sound of someone clearing their throat, and we jumped to opposite sides of the hallway. "Hello, stranger!" My Dad boomed suddenly. "Come join the party!"

"Sure!" He smiled after a polite bow, then turned to me. "coming?"

"I'm on kitchen duty because of Jaeun's current swollen state. Do you want to come say hi?"

He nodded, and I offered him my hand before pulling him along. Hesitantly, I knocked a couple times on the door before entering, yanking Kihyun inside.
My Mom, who was preparing hotteok mix at my sister's request, tore her eyes from the bowl for a second. She immediately straightened up, bowing back at Kihyun, who'd bowed deeply.