Chapter 24. Our Happily Ever After

Start bij het begin

"When will those two ever grow up!" I asked Seth and Jacob.

"They are only kids Nessie." Seth said with his mouth full.

"I don't mean William and Ella, I meant the other two." I laughed. "Seth, don't talk with your mouth full."

"Yes momma!" Seth sarcastically said. Jacob laughed and kicked him under the table.

"Jacob, I have been thinking, I think that we need to start up the kids schooling again. They can read some, but they need to work on it. Since we can't let them go to school until we think they are fully grown."

"Speaking of fully grown, William and Ella were bigger today!" Seth announced.

"I know I can't keep up. We need to get them to Carlisle and measure them, maybe we can start tracking their growing patterns."

"We should take them in as soon as they get back. What do you think about the schooling?"

"I think that you are right, if they are going to get bigger soon, they need to know how to read and write some."

"Can I help?" Seth asked. He was trying to get as much involved with the kids, especially Ella. There was no way to keep them apart.

"Sure, do you know how to teach reading?" I asked curiously. Seth had never had any experience really ever raising children. But he was always jumping at the chance to learn. Hoping I am sure that one day, he could be as happy as Jacob and I are.

"Uhm, not really, but it can't be that hard right?" Jacob and I laughed, if only he knew.

My dad opened the door with my mom behind him. "Good morning you guys, how was your night?"

"Great mom and dad, how was yours?"

"Fun, except that Alice has been making us work nonstop with this whole party thing. You know what she has changed it to a Halloween theme right?"

"I thought we didn't want to do Halloween, too cliché for our family." It was true, we are vampires and werewolves, people dress up like us once a year and act all scary."

"Well apparently William and Ella pleaded and begged her to. They wanted to dress up and trick or treat."

"CANDY!" Seth and Jacob agreed together.

"Well, let's get over there and see what we can do to stop her from making this into a production."

"Too late." my parents stated together.

We walked into the main house, which we called that because it was the gathering place for everyone. The entire house was decorated like a Halloween house. Cobwebs, spiders, cauldrons, everything that you see in the stories. Except the party was not until tomorrow night.

"GOOD YOU ARE HERE, THEN WE CAN GET YOU GUYS TO WORK!" Alice screamed from the kitchen. Jacob and Seth hated decorating, they tried to sneak out the door until my mom and I grabbed a hold of their arms and yanked them back into the room.

"Don't even think about it!" I warned to them. Alice came in with a huge trunk. She told us to go through it, there were costumes for each of us. They were already chosen for us. Although we were not allowed to show each other until the party, and Alice would know if we told or showed anyone. We each grabbed our own box and took a peek inside. I laughed at what I saw. There was a picture with mine, showing me what I am suppose to look like. Jacob growled, and glared at Alice, she laughed and walked away.

"Now, Ness, Jacob, Ella and William are wanting to go trick or treating, we didn't know if you wanted to take them. But you can have who ever you want to come along with you. But make sure that you are back in time for the party." We nodded and went to work, all of our houses had to be decorated.