Chapter 12. Things Looking Up

Chapter 12 Things Looking Up

Jacob POV

Even though we had only been in the house a day, it still already felt like we had lived here for a while. I grabbed a new shirt from the dresser drawers and put it on. Cool hands slid around my waist, I turned around and beheld my beautiful wife. She leaned up on her toes and kissed me.

"Are you sure you have to leave tonight?" She pouted.

"I won't be gone long, we are just meeting to fill everyone in, and make sure that everything is okay. I PROMISE to be home as soon as I can." She just kept sticking her bottom lip out and pouting. I groaned.

"You, my dear, are making this very difficult."

"Good!" she smiled and gave me a kiss. I groaned again and gave her one last kiss and walked to the front door.

"I love you Ness, I won't be gone long, you going to be able to survive without me here?"

She smiled and gave a dramatic deep sigh, "I guess" She laughed. "Yeah I think I am going to call my parents, will be a good time to get to sit and talk to them. I love you too, hurry home!" I couldn't help but smile big, the sound of that phrase sounded sweet.

I ran from the house at full sprint. When I decided I was out of sight, I jumped into the air and transformed. It felt good to be a wolf again, I did like speed when I was a wolf, it was our nature. The canyon did not take long to get to. When I reached the cliff, I tried to find what particular forest they were talking about.

Seth, you there man?

Yeah! Jacob over here.

I ran towards the familiar scents. Everyone was there, except me, of course I will hear about that.

Jacob your late.

Thanks Sam, I know. I tried to come sooner.

Little wife hanging on to ya?

Shut up Seth! Don't be jealous.

Seth growled, only because he knew I was right. Couldn't help feeling sorry for the poor guy though, hasn't imprinted yet, I'm sure after the trouble lately, he probably is afraid to. Seth's growl was followed by thoughts of agreement to Seth. This was the down part of being with a bunch of guys all the time, you can't keep anything a secret, and no matter what it is, you will always get mocked for it later.

Okay, let's get this meeting started. Sam began.

Jacob, why don't you explain to everyone what you told me.

Well, Ness finally talked to her parents, they told her that everything was okay, for now though. Alice, the one who can see the future, she saw the hunters coming back. We confused them enough to prolong any more trouble. But who knows what this time will give them to dig up. With who they are, they have to be digging up whatever they can on us and the Cullens'. So it's only a matter of time. The Cullens however are under a lot of pressure, even though the Doc has a great rep around Forks, it still doesn't help them that much.

Okay, any questions or concerns from anyone? Sam asked, no one brought up anything, they all just nodded in contentment. Okay one more thing, the houses. My brother-in-law Mitchell lives down here, he is the development owner and manager, and he is lending us the houses. We must take care of them, as they are not exactly ours, although we don't know how long we will have to be here, we can stay as long as we need to, and we also can leave at a moments notice. However, the other natives around here have no idea who we are, where we came from, or any of that. And we ARE going to keep it that way. If you need to transform, you will try and keep it to night time, and I MEAN darkness completely. You have to get as far away from here as you can in order to. Seth and I have spent the day searching for hunting grounds. We have found some about 5 miles north of here. There are plenty of animals and wild life to eat. But we must take care, as to not harm the numbers. Jacob there are plenty of animals that your wife should enjoy too.

Thanks

Okay, I see no reason to keep this meeting going any longer then it has to. Any questions, you ask me or Jacob first. Dismissed.

Ness was sitting on the couch reading a book when I came through the door. She ran over to me and into my outstretched arms immediately and kissed my passionately.

"I missed you terribly my husband. Don't you dare leave me again."

I laughed once- "yes ma'm." I carried her back to the sofa and sat down with her still in my arms. "Did you get to talk to your parents again?"

"Yeah! It was so nice to get to sit and talk to them. Emmett of course was teasing me about our sex life. But I challenged him to a fight when we saw each other again."

"Ha, that's my girl."

"Did they say anything more about the hunters?"

"No, they are getting frustrated, especially Alice, because they really can't go anywhere without people staring at them. So they are trying to stay inside the house as much as possible."

"Well, things might work out after all."

"Yeah, things are looking up!"

"You look thirsty, let's go hunt!"

"Okay, race you!"