Chapter 6. Leaving for Safety

Chapter 5. Leaving for Safety

Jacob POV

I could not understand anything anymore. I was almost to La Push now running as fast as I could in my animal form. I wanted nothing more then to be an animal right now. Human form was to simple, and soft. But this animal inside me was much more fierce and angry. I liked it that way right now. UH I BET THIS WAS ALL EDWARDS FAULT. He was probably nice to my face, then secretly plotted to destroy me. That FILTHY BLOODSUCKER! He never liked me, always was trying to get rid of me, if it wasn't for Bella, I would have been banished years ago. Before they even got engaged. He is just getting back at me for almost taking Bella, for being such a part of her life. Yeah, that was it, Why else would innocent Nessie not want to be with me?

"Jacob you there man?"

"Seth? Is that you man? What's up? Something wrong?"

"Jake man you need to get back here quick, we have a problem"

"What?"

"Not until you're here"

"Okay well I am almost there, meet me outside by the beach." Awe the beach, so many memories there, but my favorite ones were of swimming and cliff diving with Nessie.

I arrived to see my entire pack, and Sam's as well. This could not be good. Because we were rarely together like this. I went behind the car and came back together. I put my clothes on and walked out into the open. "What's going on guys? Something has to be up, and someone better give me some answers" I yelled.

"Jake.." Sam and Seth stepped forward. Sam continued cutting Seth off "We have a huge problem. We have to leave forks NOW!"

"What? Why on earth would we do that?"

"Because Jake we are no longer safe here."

"Oh come on Sam, you know the Cullens are not going to come anywhere near here with out telling us, they are no threat."

"No Jake, it's not the Cullens' that we are not safe from, it is someone else."

"Well what other Vampires then. I mean come on, they are the only ones that know we exist."

"They use to be." Seth confessed

"What do you mean, they use to be Seth?" No one answered for what seemed like minutes. "Seth! So help me, if you don't tell me now then I will take you to Rosalie and she will neuter you." Sam stepped in between us trying to calm me down

"Calm down Jake, Seth is really upset, he didn't mean for any of this to happen. He didn't know they were there. They had covered themselves to smell like the forest completely."

"Who did? Man guys your driving me crazy, stop stalling, what are you both talking about?"

"Jake man, listen carefully and try not to get too upset with Seth." Sam was trying to befriend Seth? I thought that day would never come. " Seth was out running through the forest in his wolf form, he was trying to find you, but had no idea where to look. He was standing still in the woods calling you, trying to see if he could sense you. Suddenly he heard a gun shot, and it came right at him. He luckily dodged it, but looked up to find three hunters, staring at him like they had seen a ghost."

"A ghost? Your not meaning that they..?"

"Yeah man, they saw me transform into a wolf and had been following me, and it seemed to confirm their suspicion when they saw me pull myself back together."

"Seth, how can you let this happen?"

"I'm sorry man, I didn't know they were there."

I couldn't believe what had happened, but knew that there must be some way to fix this. I thought quickly "You said that there were only 3 right?" They nodded "Then that's easy, we just have to get rid of them."

"Jake it's not that easy, I followed the hunters after I ran off, they are serious game hunters, they kill large and dangerous animals for the sport of it, it's like some game to them. And to make it even worse, they have told all of their friends about us, they found out where we lived, and are coming here to hunt us."

"Well, we will fight them, They are only humans, and there is a large number of us, we can beat them easily."

"I don't know Jake" Sam went on "I don't want to put my family in danger. I have talked it over with my pack and they too have families or loved ones here, we don't want to put them in any danger. They have us to protect them, but they can easily still be killed. I don't like knowing that. Jake if we all leave for a while, this thing will blow over, and we can then come back if we want to. I know that you aren't going to want to leave, but we have decided, and that's what we are doing. And we will leave without you."

"I can't leave my other family guys, what about Nessie, what am I to tell her?"

"Tell her the truth, you want to keep them safe too right? Look we don't know what these humans are capable of, they could have the national guard here tomorrow too for all we know. They still think it was us that killed all those hikers years ago, and now that it is around town and everywhere about us, they will bring a large army."

"NO. I AM NOT LEAVING, THIS IS OUR HOME. I AM NOT LEAVING!"

"Suite yourself, but we all are. And as the other Alpha dog, your pack is then going to have to stay with you, and that puts them all in danger, especially Seth."

I couldn't think, could this really be happening? I thought I would never see the day that we were going to be driven out of our homes again. I reluctantly nodded my head in agreement with what the plan was. I knew that it was going to be the easiest way. I knew that we could fight them, that even the Cullen's would help. But at what cost, how many would we have to loose? I knew that I could not risk exposure for them. I would not put anyone in danger.

"We leave at nightfall" Sam began ordering people to get things ready, to load what ever they could take, and to leave no trails.

All I could think about was Renesmee, I knew that even if she didn't want to marry me, I still had to explain to her. I owed her that much, I loved her too much to not say goodbye.

"I will be back" I said and ran as fast as I could to the Cullen's home, I knew that this would be the last time that I would see them. But how to tell her. I promised and vowed to her that I would never leave her. Could I break that for her own safety? For her families safety? I arrived at the end of the drive way to their house, I didn't want to alert anyone to my presence, just one. Although God knows I didn't want to talk to them. Edward...I know that you can hear me. Please don't say anything to anyone, and come out and meet me. There is a big problem and I need to talk to you, before it's too late.