Epilogue

Thanks to everyone for reading this story, I really hope you enjoyed the story

~~~~~~~

 Eighteen years later.

“Tell me the story again.” Alba whispered hugging her father’s arm tightly as he kissed her forehead, “The one where you fall in love with mama.”

“Well as she signed her name on the document, she looked up at your Uncle Brice and said ‘Some better than others hey Brice.’ And that’s when I fell in love with your mother.” Albus grinned as his daughter wrinkled her nose in disapproving laughter. “What?”

“You told me you fell in love with her when you saw her standing on the ridge watching you come over.” She stated letting go of him and smirking.  “And when she stitched you back together in Scotland.”

“Well does it matter when, just that I did?” Albus asked cupping his daughter’s face in his hands, “Alba, tell me what’s wrong?”

“I don’t know if I love him.” She whispered dropping her eyes down to her father’s chin and fighting tears. “How could I love him, I barely know him.”

“That is the way of the world; but tell me, does the sound of his name make you smile?”

“Yes.” She admitted with a small laugh.

“And does the feel of his hand in yours make your toes curl?”

“Where is this coming from?” she asked looking back at the dark haired man, his brown eyes the only thing she’d not inherited from him.

“The way I am when I see you, but obviously you’re my daughter so it’s slightly different.” He admitted with a grin, “But it’s still love and I know your mother once smacked me because I got so close she couldn’t think.”

“Promise to come visit me when I’m fat.”

“I’ll visit you even when you think I can’t.” he promised, “and your brother’s here, that’s what I came to tell you before I was stunned into silence by your beauty.”

“WHAT!” she screamed, “You bring him here on my wedding day, how am I meant to get to know him if I’m leaving for another village?”

“Blandus knew there was a wedding and permitted me to bring him.” He sighed, “Alba, I wanted to do it differently, hell I wanted both of you with me since the word go.”

“Can I come in yet?” an impatient voice asked from outside.

“He sounds just like you.” Alba laughed as Albus smirked.

“He looks like Brice. Come in Marcus, meet your twin sister.”

“I thought she’d have red hair too.” He admitted as the door opened and he stepped inside.

“He does look like Uncle Brice.” She stated jumping to her feet and wrapping her arms around his shoulders. “I’ve missed you.”

“I’ve missed you.” Marcus admitted hugging his sister and instantly knowing, just where she always should have been. “So you’re getting married, do I have to beat some sense into him?”

“Papa already did.” She laughed and Marcus frowned looking up at Albus.

“He’s not our father.”

“He is, can’t you tell?” she asked stepping back and beside Albus.

Marcus’ throat closed in anger and joy, Blandus wasn’t always the most attentive of fathers and for years he’d pretended Albus was his father; he was always there if he needed help and always with a smile.