Chapter 17: A Case of Arson

/17/
A Case of Arson

---

THE LOUD ringing from Rein's bedside table was enough to wake him up from his slumber

THE LOUD ringing from Rein's bedside table was enough to wake him up from his slumber. Wincing from the sound and his headache, the young man groggily opened his eyes, squinting because of the faint sunlight entering through the sheer curtains of his windows.

"Ow," he mumbled, rubbing his forehead and trying to remember why he was having such a terrible headache. Dahan-dahang itong umupo sa kaniyang kama, walang suot kundi isang pares ng boxers lamang.

With eyes still closed, he fumbled for his alarm clock, turning it off.

"Rein, baby?" a whiny, feminine voice stirred from beside him in the sheets, and Rein immediately blinked his eyes wide open at the voice.

Paglingon niya sa kaniyang kanan ay nakita niya ang babaeng katabi niya sa kama, her well-curved body hidden underneath the white sheets. Rein muttered out a curse as he saw the girl's naked back turning around to face him.

Dito niya naalala ang mga nangyari kagabi.

After the little dinner he had with his father at the main headquarters of their corporation, he had opted to visit a nearby bar to drink, flirting with the girl who first laid their wide-eyed gaze on him and inviting her to his dormitory room in Castillo High. He couldn't remember the rest of what happened. He was too drunk when they had both snuck inside, trying not to wake Jarrell and Quinn who were already fast asleep. 

But with him only wearing boxers and the girl on his bed practically naked, the Maccio heir didn't have to be a prodigy to know what happened between them last night.

"Ah sorry, Hayley right?" Rein asked absent-mindedly as he rushed to get up, opening his drawers to pull out a pair of clean slacks.

"It's Holly," the girl frowned as she sat up, covering her chest with Rein's blanket. She then watched the Maccio heir put on his pants. "Teka, iiwan mo lang ba 'ko dito?"

"Yeah no, I need you to leave," the young man replied bluntly, tossing a white shirt to the girl. "Please get dressed, may pasok pa ako."

"What the hell??" Holly uttered in disbelief.

"That's it? We're done?" 'di-makapaniwalang tanong ng dalaga. "Hindi ka ba nag-enjoy kagabi?? I could give that to you anytime you wan—"

"Halle, I need you to go," Rein frowned, his dark, wavy, messy hair drooping around his forehead as he buttoned his white polo uniform. "Now." 

The young girl opened her mouth as if to say something before narrowing her eyes and mumbling under her breath as she stood up from the bed, hastily grabbing her clothes strewn across the floor.

"I guess the rumors are true," she said snidely, putting on her short dress. "Your playboy reputation does precede you." 

With one last bitter scowl, she threw her heel at Rein before running out of his room, barely even dressed. Mabilis itong lumabas sa dormitory ng mga binata, ignoring the surprised Jarrell and Quinn who were by the kitchen, also getting ready for school.