You promised (Austria) Part 4

You stared out the window of the passing trees and bushes as you rode in the carriage with the burner woman and small Italian child who was currently asleep on your lap.

You smiled down at the sleeping child, gently brushing a couple of strands of hair from his face.

"He really likes you ya know?"

Eliza spoke breaking the long silence that accompanied the carriage ride. You looked up at her nodding before staring back at the boy.

"I've never had any sibling or younger relatives so I'm very new to this kinda thing..." you return you gaze back to her emerald ones.

"But he seems like a nice little one." She nodded smiling.

"He's never taking a liking to anyone that quickly so I was kinda surprised to. I bet you are too: suddenly moving away from your home and family."

You looked down at those words and Eliza, who noticed your sudden draw back, quickly apologized.

"Sorry, didn't mean to hit a sensitive subject." You shook you head and gazed down sadly.

"I never had a proper family, my father died in the earlier war and my mother, after losing him, lost her right mind. So it was just me. It had always been me after that. Well until I met a boy."

You stopped there, tears stinging your vision already. You sighed glancing out the window again before continuing.

"He was my best friend...my only friend. I considered him family. We did everything together, he was the only thing in my life that ever made me happy."

"I thought that I could finally live a life worth to cherish but then he got called into the war and...and..."

You could feel a tear trail it's way down your rosy cheeks and you wiped it away.

"He promised he'd come back to me but...he never did."

Silence filled the carriage again, and just as the first Eliza broke it again. With a sorrowful gaze she took your hand in his.

"I know how it must feel...to loose a friend. One so precious to you. Of course I lost mine. My only friend..." She spoke, pulling out a cross pendant that was black and white.

(Yes one of my ships are PruHun!!

You nodded in understanding.

"He was an idiotic numskull who could easily irk my nerves...but I loved him."

She smiles sadly at the cross pendant before putting it away.

"But ya know, even though it makes me sad I don't always have to be, because I know he's there with me. Always."

She smiled placing her hand over her chest where her heart was.

"So that means you don't have to either ______, because he's always there, in your heart."

You smile, wiping a few stray tears away from your e/c orbs, before nodding wholeheartedly. "Your right. He always will be in my heart." You murmur softly.

She giggles and so do you, and after a while you calm down noticing that the young boy stirred a little in his sleep.

You smiled warmly at the brown haired girl. "Thank you Eliza." She returned the gesture placing her hand on yours.

"Anytime, and ____ if it means something. I'll be your friend." She says, causing your smile widen. "Of course! I'd like that very much."

As soon as your conversation ended, the carriage came to a halt, causing you to look towards the window.