Chapter 14

The room suddenly became quiet. Too quiet. Star didn't like that. But at the moment, she had bigger things to deal with. Tom mentioned something about her family. What does he know that she doesn't?

"Tom, what do you mean?"

The demon tried to play dumb.

"Don't even try Tom Lucitor."

     Marco tried to step in but the glare that Star threw at him made the Spanish boy frozen. She never looked at him like that. At that moment, though she might have not been aware, the soon to be queen was enforcing her authority. Star's glare could have rivaled that of her mother. She commanded attention, loyalty, honesty, and more.

Thankfully, for Marco, Star quickly turned her attention back to her fiancé.

"Tom, I demand answers."

However, the demon king refused to even bat an eye. "I'm sorry Star, but you are too unstable at the moment to know."

"As the future queen of Mewni, I command you to tell me what you- and everyone for that matter- are hiding from me!"

"No."

     They were all shocked with the answer. Even the rest of the girls who were acting as spectators to the mini fight with the two royals. Star gripped her wand tight, magic was the only answer on why it hasn't snapped in half.

"Excuse me?"

"Star, I am king. Until we are married and have you crowned queen, my authority exceeds over yours. And I am telling you no."

     Star gave him one last look before turning her back on him. Tom sighed and tapped his foot twice. The sound outside informed them that his carriage was already outside. Before Tom walked out, the demon turned to Marco. Though the king didn't say anything, Marco knew what Tom as asking of him.

'Don't tell Star about what we talked about nor should you give out any hints.' 

The Earth boy nodded.

     Sure enough, as soon as Tom left the house and the sound of the carriage leaving and closing the  entrance to the underworld, the Mewman princess turned to the Earth boy. Star didn't even bother putting on a face. She just looked at him blankly as if she expected him to break there and then. And she would've been right if not for the fact that this information could break her.

     Instead, Marco took a deep breath and walked pass her and to his room. Star was shocked. Marco ignored her. A rare occurrence that she hated. And more so at the moment.

     Before she could unfreeze from her spot, a hand laid gently on her shoulder. The blonde princess turned to face the sk8er girl (I couldn't resist). PH tried to cheer her up saying that they can go to the spa in her planet that she received as a birthday gift from her parents last year. Starfan13 agreed immediately, Janna shrugged but Jackie still looked at her worriedly.  Though Star appreciated the effort, she just didn't want to go.

     But she allowed herself to be dragged away. This is her last outing with her girls before she's sent back to Mewni until who knows when. Might as well enjoy it.

This is not over though. She will get to the bottom of this. It was only just a matter of time.

_____unknown destination_____ 

     Toffee smirked at what he saw. Power. All this power is his and his alone. He took out his pocket watch. Or what everyone believed was his pocket watch. There was no clock but there was a picture. 

He caressed the picture with a hint of regret in his eyes.

I'm sorry.