Chapter 19

Toffee glared at the lizardian in front of him. Said thing smiled-no- grinned at him. He knew why Toffee was there. And more importantly, what he wanted.

"The little lizard finally grew a new tail!" He teased.

Toffee snarled, "I suppose you know what I want?"

The other lizard snorted as if Toffee told an awful dad joke, "of course! Who do you think I am? Her highness's dogs?"

"And?"

"Im not gonna lie to you. Honest. From one lizard to another. We're exactly the same you and I. Both did the best for their family only to find them in ashes. The queen took away your parents, she took my wife and kids. You and I want revenge and to end this racism against monsters."

"Their hypocrites, don't you think?" Toffee cut him off.

"Pardon?"

"They want monsters as far away from them as possible stating we are evil and dirty and worthless. Yet they look upon themselves as good, clean and worth more than the crown. But deep down they too are monsters. If a monster was injured and a Mewman caused it, the blame would be on the monster. I wouldn't be surprised if the Mewmans should think that the monster should be grateful that one of their own would even dare to touch a vile creature."

The general laughed, "You have a good point there Toffee. And that's what I like about you. You're smart. A fine leader in the making."

"So how do you plan on getting on fair grounds with the queen?" Toffee asked.

"Well, I was planning on kidnapping her daughter, but no. A little poison to the queen will do. Just a drop. A little threat. And that's where you come in. Just pour one drop of this poison unto the goblet tonight."

Toffee raised an eyebrow," tonight? But the banquet is tomorrow night."

"I am aware, but the queen will arrive today to sign the peace treaty."

"So why all this? If you can have peace?"

The general scoffed, "My boy! Think! Or maybe you don't have to. Maybe you already know the answer."

Toffee nodded, "of course I do."

"Then it's settled."

~...End Of Flashback part 1...~

     Star wore her blood red dress and robes. Tonight was the night. Marco was in front of her dressed in the same outfit he wore during the Blood Moon Ball. He seemed hesitant.

"Star are you sure?"

No she was not.

"Yes Marco. I have to do this."

"But do you want to do this?"

Star sighed in annoyance, "What I want is not important right now, the safety of my kingdom and people are. But we were bound to do this eventually. You can't marry anyone else if you're bonded with me. Even if you have children, they will be considered illegitimate if we were still bonded."

Marco scratched his head, "Yeah. Sorry. I didn't know how big of a deal that Dance was."

The young Mewman smiled sadly. Marco may have not have been her first crush but the Earth boy will forever have a place in her heart. He was, after all, still one of her dearest friends.

"It wasn't your fault. I should have explained about the Blood Moon Ball but failed."

Marco sighed as he adjusted some sort of protective pendant around his neck. The item was made to protect Marco from any offensive magic during the ritual. However the jewelry was annoying him since the microscopic runes that were engraved (how they did that, he doesn't know) radiated protective magic that was beginning to annoy him.

The sound of a gong rang around the air.

"It's time."