24 hours

It felt like a century had past waiting for my dad and the guys to come home. But I only had to wait another 24 hours. 24 hours of hell.

Lorena had grounded me until my dad came home and within that time she found it to be a good opportunity to slap me. It was all too much to handle and although I was happy when I was with my little brother and Mason, I was still unhappy and I was angry at myself for breaking, and I cut.

I was stupid and we all knew that and the fact that I was ill right now made me feel 10 times worse. Lorena wouldn't let me have any pills to soothe my headache because she thinks I'm going to overdose. I said so many times that I wasn't going to, even though at the back of my mind said that I wanted to.

All I've done today is sit in my room and play video games. I had nothing better to do since I was ill and Mason was away and I didn't want to give my little brother the flu or cold, whatever the fuck it was.

I got bored and decided to watch some Netflix I downloaded on my Xbox and watched episodes of Adventure Time.

Adventure Time was like my 3rd happiness of my life. Family being first and Mason being second. Adventure Time was so weird and funny, that's why I liked it so much. It made me smile and laugh but it also made me think how they could make up such random things.

I spaced out and closed myself in a bubble and overthinked everything. Like I always do, I make everything worse by thinking too much. It would also make my headache worse, but that didn't really matter because I wasn't feeling any better.

I felt like I was going back to being depressed because right now I felt like nothing was going to change, Lorena definitely wasn't. I knew that, and the only person who knows that Lorena had hit me, is Brian. He witnessed it. And he tried telling my dad, but he didn't believe him.

I'm sure all the guys believe it, but they haven't witnessed it to know that's it's definitely true. Who would believe me if I told them anyway, apart from Mason as he saw how harshly she dragged me to the car when she came to pick me up from school. I had no idea what I had done for her to hate me this much, and take out her anger and hate on me.

I know I wasn't an angel child, far from it actually. But nobody heard me when I was in need of help. I was invisible to everyone, and I was just there, they couldn't understand or even see that I was in pain and I wanted happiness.

What makes it worse is my ADHD. It adds to the problems and makes me feel less of a person. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve to even be alive. I'm not the only one who feels like this but I feel alone in all of it.

If I was to tell my dad or someone how I felt, I'd feel like I'm waning attention, but I don't. I just want to know that someone is there to help me, and care for me. Right now, I don't. I want my dad to be here right now, I want his hugs because they make me feel better and I want my little brothers hugs too, but he'd get ill.

I needed some air and clear my head. I got out of bed and pulled on my skinny jeans and an Avenged Sevenfold hoodie over my black tank top.

I picked my phone up and my earphones and pulled them through my hoodie and put my hood up over my head.

I wandered downstairs and went to get a glass of water before I left. I took a bottle of water instead and took a sip and turned, Lorena's face back at me.

"Where do you think you're going?" She spat.

I've grown so tired of her trying to control me and I can't be bothered with it anymore. She isn't my mom.

"I'm going for some air" I said and looked straight at her.

I wasn't going to let her control me, and tell me what I can and can't do. I'm 16, I'm sure I can go out for a walk to think, and breathe fresh air.

"I told you, you're grounded util your dad comes home" She said.

"And I said, I was going out for some air. I can go for a walk if I want to" I replied.

"Do you know what grounded means?"

I groaned. "Yes. Yes I do. But I don't need to do what you tell me, you're not my mom. If I want to go for a walk, then I fucking can"

"You listen to me! I am your mother, and you do as I say!" She shouted.

She was really irritating me and all I wanted was to clear my head and get some air, and she wants to make a big deal about it.

"No! You're not my mom, I don't care what you tell me to do, you can't make me! If I want to go for a walk then I can, no need to make it a big deal, because it's not!" I shouted back.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I pulled it out and didn't look at the caller ID, answering it anyway, I went to speak but Lorena slapped me and this time it seemed to hurt more than the other times it had done before.

She brought her fist to my jaw and that sent a shocking pain through me and it stung. She didn't seem to stop and I screamed for her to stop but she wouldn't. She was out of control.

"Don't talk back to me!" she shouted and kicked me in the ribs.

I cried in pain and I could feel the blood running from my nose and I could taste it in my mouth.

"Stop!" I screamed and she got angrier by the minute.

"No! Not until you listen!" she shouted back. Her face red with anger.

I gave up fighting back for her to stop, and took another kick to the stomach and a blow to the face.

She left the kitchen and the front door slammed shut, indicating that Lorena left. I curled up in a ball and cried. I didn't know she'd go this far, and I never thought I'd experience it either.

I then remembered my phone, I picked it up and looked at who was in the phone. Brian.

"B-Brian?" I said, my voice cracking.

"Ashley! oh my god, are you okay? What's going on?" he sounded so frightened and concerned that it was enough to send me in tears again.

"Lorena... she hit me, more than what I expected"

"We all heard what went down and Zacky, he's as pale as a ghost. We'll be home soon, stay in your room and if she comes home, don't let her touch you. Hang on Ash, we love you" he said and it just made me cry even more.

"I love you all too, please come home quick"

"We'll be there by morning"

He hung up and I couldn't find the strength to move. I just laid here and cried. I didn't know what was going to happen next, I just felt like I wasn't going to get any better.

What was going to happen now? I had no idea. I wanted out of this life, but I wanted to stay with my family. I wanted Lorena gone. She's caused me so much pain, after everything I've been through, she's only added to it. Made everything else worse.

I cried for hours and soon enough I fell asleep. I still didn't find the strength to move. I laid on the floor, in pain, but I didn't feel it in my sleep.

I wanted to not be able to feel pain, and being asleep helped me. Maybe I was better off dead.