cHAPter thIrty tWo

A/N : Hey again! Please leave a vote and comment if you're liking the story :D Happy reading!

PLAYLIST :

     I had to tell Derek that it was me

     I had to tell Derek that it was me. The guilt was eating me up. I could never look him in the eye and talk to him if I kept it a secret. I also had a feeling that he'd find out it was me. He was good at finding out things.

     Will he hate me for doing that? Will he be mad? The last time he found out something about me, he came speeding at me in a car. But that was just a joke. This was serious. Would this be worse?

     Damn. I'd never get myself to confess if I kept thinking about his reaction. I'd just have to do it. I'd tell him tonight at Nate's grad party.

     Wow, way to spoil a party.

     But I knew, the more I avoided it, the less inclination I'd have to tell the truth.

     I arrived with Tiffany and Shayna at Nate's house. Coming here reminded me of the last time I was here - after prom. Everything was so much less complicated back then.

     Tiffany's words pulled my out of my thoughts. "You know, I'm feeling so moody about Nate going off to college in a few months. And I'm still stuck here in high school."

     "But he's not that far from home, right," Shayna said. "That's some consolation. He's not traveling across the country or something."

     "I know. You're right. What do you think, Viv?"

     "Umhm? Yeah, whatever you say," I replied.

     "What's on your mind? You look so lost," Shayna asked me.

     "Nothing." I shrugged. "What would be on my mind?"

     Nate's house was close to the beach, so he was having a beach party. We found Nate, Derek and a couple other guys hanging around a bonfire. We started walking towards the bonfire. They were talking and laughing about something and Derek looked to be in a good mood, like his usual self.

     "Did you guys, um, see those pics?" I asked Tiffany and Shayna.

     "Suzy's journal about Derek? Yeah, don't talk about it in front of Derek though," Tiffany said as we got closer to where the guys were.