chapTER TWeNty thrEe

A/N : Hi again guys! Thanks a ton for being here. We crossed 50k this week!! 😍 Please continue your amazing support for this book by voting, commenting and sharing. Love!

PLAYLIST : There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back - Shawn Mendes

     "Okay, so for the next ride," Tiffany thought. "Ooh, yes. I got it. Tilt-a-whirl." The three of us went and sat in a car. Tiffany sat first in the corner and she said she wanted me to sit beside her. Derek sat on my other side.

     The ride began and whirled us in every direction and angle possible. We squealed and shouted at every tilt and every whirl.

     During the ride, Tiffany nudged me. "Move. I can't sit." She gave a gentle shove to my arm, which owing to the motion of the ride, made me fall on Derek.

     Derek flung his hand in front of me to prevent my fall. Embarrassed, I mumbled a sorry to him and glared at Tiffany. "You have plenty of place!"

     "No, I don't." She pushed me again and winked. I understood her plan now. She was trying for so long to get Derek and me to sit together and talk. I grasped the safety bar tightly, before she tried to push me into Derek's lap again.

     "Talk to him already," she whispered to me. "He's right here. And pretend I'm not here." She turned her face away from us like that would make her disappear. I rolled my eyes at her, but she didn't see it.

     "Will you let go of the bar? You're squeezing the life out of it," Derek said and tried to move my hand. "You won't fall if you do."

     "No, no, no." I clung on to it tighter. "This ride is really unpredictable. And I'm sitting in the middle."

     He laughed seeing my reaction. I huffed. "Okay, fine. I'm not holding anything. If I fall, it's all on you," I warned and put my hands in my lap.

     "I won't let you fall."

     Our car took another unpredictable spin. I grabbed Derek's arm holding on to dear life. He couldn't stop laughing, which annoyed me.

     Long after we got off the ride, he was still teasing me all the way about how easy it is to scare me. Tiffany disappeared somewhere after the ride. I knew she did that on purpose. "Stop acting like a eleven year old. Make a move if he doesn't," she had said.

     "Don't make it a big deal, Tif." I was afraid Derek would hear us whispering.

     "If I don't make it a big deal, you'll die a virgin."