A Dog's Game

Today was the big day... the beginner's class disc tournament. If I placed in the rankings, I would get to go up a class and be able to earn a bigger prize. I'm really excited. Like you have no idea how excited I am about this. I seriously think if my tail wags any faster, it'll fly off!

We walked to the ring from the parking lot and I could already smell everyone that I know, plus everyone else that I have yet to meet. And food. Lots of food. I had to contain my drool because my Master doesn't like saliva. I lick her face anyways though. It's funny, hehe. The place itself looked pretty amazing. I mean it looked all gray and dark gray and light gray and red but still. It was beautiful. And there were tennis balls. I. love. tennis balls. Like.. you just have no idea how much. I can fit three in my mouth at a time if I place them right!

The contest starts soon, I'm contestant 18. Huh. 18... My birthday is on an 18th. Maybe they knew... Creepy. Anyways Ludo, Francis, Sebastian, Jasper and all my other friends were there! I missed them so much! They were here to cheer me on!

After watching the contest, the score to pass to the next class was 12 points, and the highest score was 15 points. I hope I can make it to the next class. But I just want to have fun! Oh gosh, that contestant just missed the frisbee! He didn't get a point.. I hope he makes it to the next class too. I walked up to his master's friends and put a dog treat at their feet. They scratched my head and said thank you and that they will give it to George. That must be the contestant. I'm glad they'll give it to him! I'm up next, so I can't.

They called Master's name over the loud speaker and called my name and number. They said the scores and I heard the three dings. I bounced on my toes waiting on the fourth bell. Then my Master threw the frisbee! I chased after it as fast as I could, trying to keep up with it and I jumped and caught it! I got 6 points because it was in the orange colored part of the mat! I brought it back to her and she threw the disc again and I chased it again! It went farther this time! And I actually caught it! 8 more points! Woo! 14 points! Time was running out. I could hear them say "there's not much time left now!" I brought the frisbee back and she threw it again. I chased it and jumped and caught it again! 10 whole points! That means I got a score of 24! Holy cow! The buzzer rang and the crowd cheered. I beat the highest score! I won! I won I won I won I won! Ohmydog!

I got a trophy. It's pretty. And is also a squeaky toy. I squeaked it loudly a lot and played tug-o-war with Ludo even though he says he's too old to play. And George did get that treat I send him. He came up and played with us too while my Master collected the other prizes we won. And I get to go to the next class! The next competition is next year in the summer. So I have the rest of the year to practice and try to get a score of 1000! That's my goal.

So.. money. What is money? Well whatever it is, my Master got $200 dollars. That was the grand prize, plus a lifetime supply of dog food and treats. I'm gonna get fat.