"Azazel?" Chloe calls out to him, getting his attention.

"Oh, Detective Decker, have you seen Lucifer around?" He asked her.

"Yeah, he just went to speak with my boss and what's with that file?" Chloe asked him, pointing at the file in his hand.

"Oh! This. This is the results I got from the dead girl's autopsy from the fashion show as well as any other things that were found in her." Azazel explains.

"What?! How did you?... There's no way you can have access to this before me or any other officers do." Chloe says in disbelief. "Plus you don't have the authorization to look at any of this." Chloe snatches the file from him.

"Oh really? And you can't find out why or how Lucifer got into a holding cell as well as take a man in your custody without the correct authority. FYI, I did it myself." Azazel tilts his head to the side. "And do have correct authorization, Detective."

"Oh really? How?" Chloe asked holding her arms. Azazel looks around before looking back at her. "Just keep quiet about this. I don't want anyone to know about this. Especially on the books, alright." He tells her with an unsure look.

"That depends on what it is," Chloe says. Reaching into his pocket, Azazel shows Chloe a police badge but not just any, it was a San Diego Badge with an ID pic of Azazel on it. Holding a finger to his lips, Azazel shushes Chloe and shakes his head before quickly hiding it back in his pocket.

"You're an officer?" Chloe asked in a low voice. Azazel nodded, "Sort of, but I retired from the force a long time ago and went low to do some undercover, off the books stuff. Just not a word of it. Please."

"Okay, but does Lucifer know?" She points over to her boss's office.

"No. Lucifer has his head way too deep into his own personal life than mine," Azazel says. "Plus I left that life behind and returned back to my original life."

"Why even create a new life if you just return to your old one?" Chloe questioned.

"Like I told you before, shitty family, spent most of my life away from them," Azazel tells her. "Just don't tell, Lucifer. Please."

"But you said that Lucifer helped you out some bad choices," Chloe says recalling their last conversation. But before she could get an answer from him, Lucifer returned with her boss.

"Another question for another time," Azazel says before walking away with Ruth. "Lucifer, I'm heading back now. Just call if you need a ride."

"Alright then," Lucifer says back as Azazel continues his way out. "I wonder what was with him? He usually stays longer."

"How long has Azazel stayed with you?" Chloe asked him out of the blue.

"Whatever to do mean by that Detective?" Lucifer asked slightly confused.

"... Nothing really... I was just thinking about the last conversation we had together." Chloe says before getting back to their case.

——

"Thanks," Azazel says taking his food from the male vender in the food truck and headed back to his car where Ruth was sticking his head out the open back window. "Hey bud, I've got your favorite." Moving the food to one hand, Azazel opened the door letting Ruth out.

Jumping out of the car, Ruth turned to his master and barked in anticipation waiting to receive his food. "Yes, I know. Here's your chilly dog. And I get one for me with cheese." Azazel says setting the plate on the ground for Ruth.

"I thought you didn't like the beach, Az?" A familiar voice asked as Azazel stood up and leaned his back against his car before turning his head to see a young Asian man with short black fluffy hair. He wore a black long sleeve and denim jeans with black boots.