Stained Glass Eyes and Colorful Tears

Introduction:

(( Hi everyone! I just wanted to tell you this was my first fan fiction. I'm currently rewriting it because I'm embarrassed by my old writing skills, but I'm a horrible horrible procrastinator and I never finish projects because well I suck. I'm glad that this story was actually enjoyable and has the reads that it does! I'm shocked considering I think my work has improved a lot. Sorry I don't have anymore band fan fictions, I have left that fandom, but I don't want to take this down and I just want to make it better for any future readers. Thanks and hope you enjoy! -S))

Vic's P.O.V.

"Yes, he's been home-schooled for a couple years, now. He had a hard time in school when he was younger so I took him out, but I really think he's getting better and that it'd be good for him to start making friends" My mom said.

I was really not looking forward to public school. I had left it for a reason and now it was going to start all over again because my mom thinks I am 'getting better'. She didn't understand that history repeats itself no matter how hard you try. I begged her for hours and hours to not make me go, but because Dr. Ryans said that "social interaction is very good for a teenager's self esteem and self confidence", my mother made up her mind. Even though I literally hate myself and have horrible self esteem like every other teenager in the world, my mom thought I had good self esteem, she just wants me to have friends. I mean, I guess she's right that I have none, but I talk to my younger brother Mike every now and then and I talk to people on YouTube comments on the A Day To Remember Vevo page. I could say they're acquaintances and thats the first step to friendship, right? That makes me sound a lot more lonely than I am.  

I also didn't really want to go to public school because I was just terrorized by it. I was constantly bullied and being beat up, I didn't want to go back to that. What if I see those kids again and they remember me and everything happens all over again? It's a disaster waiting to happen. I'm not going to end up staying in public school. I know something will happen and my mom will have to fill out the paper work to remove me from the system once again. I had a gut feeling. had friends when I was young. Like 5 year-old-young. I was fine with school until 5th grade, where everyone thought they were the greatest, since they were the oldest in the school and it was mini drama everywhere. Unfortunately for me, I wasn't able to avoid that drama and kids always found a way to involve and blame it on me. It got really bad to the point where I was getting beat up regularly. Then for all of middle school and freshman year of high school, I was home-schooled. It calmed me down a lot.

The only experiences I got out of the years I missed where from Mike. He would always talk about what happened at school and the girls and the dating. He made it sound easy, but I knew it wasn't. Mike would speak about the bad things that happened to his friends, but nothing bad ever happened to him. He was popular: funny, attractive, confident, talented. Every week, he'd bring over a new friend (usually some girl).

That was the only way I was introduced to people. Whenever Mike brought over his friends, he'd introduce me. The girls would just look at me until I gave them a shy smile (like I always do) and they would fake a smile. The guys would just head-bob at me. Mike tried to have me make friends, but I was never talkative enough. At times I would overhear (his room was next door to mine, it wasn't hard to hear) and they always would say I was "a drag down", "a mood killer", "depressed". Things around that. I didn't try to act like that, it was just my personality. I was shy, sensitive, quiet. Mama always said I wasn't a people person, unlike everyone in our family. Along with the punk styled music I listened to, I was considered a total "Emo" to society. That would always drag me down.

It was always the same.

"Dude, is your brother like emo?"

"Nah man, not close. Vic is just quiet." Mike would respond.