FS: C6: Bodily Functions

This one always gets to me. Chapters go by and there's not one mention of the character using the bathroom. However, this isn't exactly the problem for me. Many of the most successful books don't have a mention of their character using the bathroom either. But it's the lack of any other bodily functions that get's me.

So your character never vomits (never sick...unless she's drunk, further pushing the stereotype of teenagers being irresponsible and unlawful). She never gets her period. This is fine not to mention in an action novel like The Hunger Games trilogy, but in a fic where the girl has no other life goals than to date Harry Styles, this is absolutely unacceptable. ESPECIALLY if the character is engaging in sexual activities.

Hygiene is also a problem in a disturbing amount of fanfics. My problem with this is when there isn't an occasional mention if a shower or bath. No one expects you to mention every single use of the shower, but not a single mention? Use the shower as a closing for the chapter. There, problem solved.

Here's a list of the things regarding hygiene and bodily functions we've all forgot to mention in our fics (because I'm too lazy to continue ranting):

•Shaving

•Flatulence

•Sickness

•Allergies

•Skin care

•Deodorant

•The things mentioned above

•whatever, blah.

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.

I am not at all proud of this chapter, so go easy on my soul. The next sin will be better.

Sixth chapter down, comment if you like.