FS:C3: Premature Maturity

We all have came across the fanfic of the 15 year old living on her own, with friends, or with a band. Sorry to burst your bubble but in most US states, that is ILLEGAL.

I cannot begin to understand how any of you think this is okay. Here, in New York, you can't even get a full time job at 15. Barely even at 16. So how does she (yes, I am using 'she' because that is the only gender that exists as protagonists in fanfics. But that's for another sin.) manage to pay her rent and/or mortgage along with water bills, gas bills, electricity bills, etc. when she's not even old enough to have a job. Child labor, anyone??

The bills do not magically get paid. And even if she had one family member paying the bills, how is she affording food costs. Education costs. Clothes. Oh, and that iPhone, who's paying for that? How did you even pay for one in the first place? I am truly baffled.

What about when the census people come around? They don't report that a 15 year old is living on her own with not a single guardian. You will be put in a foster home, there is no way this would have a positive outcome.

But have no fear, I'm going to be adopted by HARRY FUCKING STYLES. No. Open your eyes, it's never going to happen. Please fall in a hole.

.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.

Sorry guys, I'm proud of myself for this chapter. Do not delete your story if I put yours in this horrific position, I'm sure you've made it work. Just know this could never realistically happen.

Third chapter down, comment if you like.