Chapter 8

~Terrence~

  I watched as Makeena looked at every little thing in the liquor store as if she had never seen anything like it. Which made me smile.

   "Is that all sir?" I heard the scratchy voice of the male cashier ask. He obviously smoked.

  "Yes." I said taking my bag of beer. I had also bought everything for smores, requested by Makeena.

   I turned around and my hands balled into fists as my wolf growled. Makeena was talking to some man. He was smiling crookedly at her and she looked uncomfortable. I inched closer.

   "Come on baby, I'm fun." I heard him say as he grabbed her wrist. Her eyes widened in horror. My wolf growled even louder which caused a growl to escape my lips as well. I grabbed the man by his shoulder and jerked him back. He reeled around to face me. He put on an intimidating look that I would have laughed at had I not wanted to rip his heart out.

   "She's mine." I growled reaching my full height, towering over him. His eyes filled with fear and intimidation. He shrank back a little before putting on an expressionless face.

   "Whatever I didn't want the little whore anyway." he sneered. I growled loudly, no one talked about my mate like that, causing his face to scrunch up in fear. I raised my fist and punched him in the jaw causing his head to jerk to the left. He stumbled backwards and fell on the floor. I heard Makeena gasp. I looks at her to see she had wide eyes and her mouth was agape.

   I rushed towards her. She looked up at me and threw herself in my arms. I wrapped my arms around her small body and sighed.

   "Lets go home." she whispered. I nodded and grabbed her hand, leading her towards the door. I growled as I passed the man on the floor, currently passed out.

  I looked at the cashier before I left, making eye contact with him.

   "Can't say he didn't deserve it." the man muttered as we walked out but my werewolf hearing heard it just fine. Just the thought of him made me want to rip something apart. Makeena was mine and only mine, and nobody would take her from me.
~Makeena~

I as currently nervously pacing the living room waiting for Terrence's brother and his mate Darcy to arrive. I looked at Terrence to find him staring at me with a smirk plastered on his gorgeous face.

   "What?" I asked freezing in place. He walked towards me and put his hands on either one of my shoulders before leaning down to where he was the same height as me.

   "Stop being so nervous. My brother and his mate are going to love you." he said smiling. I bawled up at him. How did he always know what I was thinking?

   I just sighed and nodded. He pulled me into a hug and I willingly embraced the gesture. I jumped at the sound of a knock at the door. My wolf immediately went on guard as new scents entered my nose.

  They were here. I watched as Terrence walked to the front door and swung it open. I just decided to stay in the living room so they could reconnect.

   "Hey bro'." I heard Terrence yell. I smiled at how happy he sounded. I heard their footsteps get closer and closer until they were finally in the living room.

  "This is my brother Sam and his mate Darcy." Terrence said. I looked at Sam then back at Terrence. I cousin definitely tell they were related. They shared the same raven hair and blue eyes. Sam was about an inch taller than Terrence was and I definitely felt like a tiny speck compared to them.

   My gaze wandered to his mate Darcy who had light blonde hair a light hazel eyes. Her mouth was full and her nose was small and refined. Overall she was beautiful.

  "Hi I'm Makeena. " I said smiling and waving shyly. Darcy looked at me and smiled brightly.

   "I can't believe Terrence finally found his mate! Now I have a girl to talk to!" she exclaimed rushing towards me. I was shocked as she wrapped her arms around me. I quickly recovered and hugged her back.

  "Yep now little brother is finally a man." Sam said draping an arm around my shoulder.

   "Mine." Terrence growled. Sam chuckled as he removed his arm from around my shoulders. I rolled my eyes as Terrence wrapped a possessive arm around my waist and pulled me close to his side.

                      ****
~Makeena~
  "Oh yea and remember when dad locked us out of the cabin while it was snowing because we wouldn't stop arguing? " Sam asked laughing his ass off.

   "Oh yea I remember that, my hair froze and I had to cut it." Terrence said laughing just as hard as Sam was.

   Sam and Darcy had been her for over four hours and we were currently outside sitting around a fire, listening to anything and everything we thought of saying. James and Sofia had met Sam and Darcy as well, and were also outside laughing with us.

  Terrence had his arm wrapped loosely around my waist as he leaned forward in laughter.

  I smiled at how happy he was and realized I had never heard that laugh before and decided I liked it.

   "Yea I remember you cried after you saw your hair all over the floor and I pissed myself from laughing at you." Sam said wiping away tears. I saw Terrence blush as he looks down at me. I burst into laughter.

  "Hey I was ten and I loved my hair." he said defensively. I just held my sides and laughed even more.

   I looked at Darcy and Sofia to see them laughing as well. They each had their mate's arms wrapped around them. I sighed as I leaned into Terrence.

   Terrence wrapped his arm even tighter around me and pulled me into his chest. I smiled and placed my hands over his arms.

   "Yea and after you got through crying you were so mad you did your first shift. " Sam said impressed. My eyes widened. He shifted at only ten? Wow. My first shift wasn't until I was seventeen.

   I looked at Terrence and smiled up at him in admiration. I was lucky to have him, even if he rejected me at first. The thought of him rejecting me made my heart hurt. I would have to ask him about it sometime.

   "Well I think we're going to turn in." Terrence said standing up and pulling me up with him.

   "Okay bro' make sure you use protection. " Sam said winking at us. I quickly blushed and looked at the ground. Terrence grabbed my hand and pulls me inside the house and upstairs to our room.

   As soon as he had locked the door he turned to me and attacked my lips. Tingles ran through my body. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he walked us to the bed.

   I smiled against his lips as he plopped us onto the bed. He kissed a line down my neck and suddenly froze.

   "What?" I asked looking down at him.

    "Your mark is shown." he whispered. I looked at my neck and gasped. In the spot where Terrence had marked me was a small black wolf howling up at a black moon surrounded by black stars.

   My eyes widened as I looked up to find Terrence smiling.

   "What?" I asked. His eyes locked with mine.

   "Now everyone will know you're mine." he said kissing me. Tingles spread throughout my body. I would never get tired of him calling me his.