Preface

˗ˏˋ sincerely, nova ˎˊ˗

NOVA CARTER knows exactly what the next few years of her life will look like:

1. She will work harder than anyone else (as she didn't get into New York University to slack off),

2. She'll be keeping her head down and prioritizing getting her affairs in order,

3. and she'll ultimately make her parents proud by being the living proof of anyone with a disability being able to make their dreams come true.

Little does she know that her carefully crafted path is about to take a detour into the extraordinary.

After all, she hadn't quite anticipated befriending the son of famous billionaire Sergei Macarevich on the first day of her orientation week, nor meeting the son of equally famous billionaire Hudson Wilder that same night. And she definitely hadn't anticipated tumbling right into the inner circle of New York's elite (disability, clumsiness, inexperience and all).

As Nova navigates this thrilling new landscape, she forms an unconventional family. With her childhood best friend by her side, Nova immerses herself in the lives of her newfound wealthy companions, an exuberant roommate, and a spirited group of NYU's disabled rebels led by their eccentric counselor — finding love in forms she'd never dreamed of on her way.

 With her childhood best friend by her side, Nova immerses herself in the lives of her newfound wealthy companions, an exuberant roommate, and a spirited group of NYU's disabled rebels led by their eccentric counselor — finding love in forms she'd...

˗ˏˋ dearest readers, ˎˊ˗

Welcome to 'sincerely, nova'! If you're new here: hello, hi! If you've already been or you know me: hi, hello!

Those of you who've been here before know that this story initially had twenty-six chapters published, but I've decided to start anew. This story follows Nova Carter, a college freshman with a disability called 'cerebral palsy'. Coincidentally (not), I also have this disability.

When I was fifteen, I started this book as a way to vent, and also because of the lack of inclusivity and representation for the disabled community in the media. Simply put, because I only ever found one story with a main character like myself (thank you ErinMandel for Because You Are Different, I love your book and it changed so much for me just to read about a character like myself) I figured it was up to me to contribute to the normalization of disabilities and removal of the stigma on disabilities. I urge each of the writers that read this to do the same. Include characters with disabilities! Your story is more impactful than you might think, and correct representation could help someone in a lot of ways.