30: The Parting of Ways

Kaycee's POV

It's been a week since I told him everything, since he begged for me to stay, since I broke up with him. It's been a week since we last talked. I know that some of you may think it was such a foolish move but really, I just don't want to cause him any more pain. It was all too much for him.

I let out a sigh and closed my luggage. All done packing and now, it's time to leave. I stood up and take one last look around my room. It's been emptied out except for the furnitures and a pile of boxes which contained my belongings that I can't bring to New York.

I'm gonna miss this room so much. If you're wondering, Devon — my older brother, is not gonna come with us because, according to him, Los Angeles is where his life is. So, the house'll be his.

"Kaycee, honey, come on now or we'll be late!" Mom yelled from downstairs. I guess this is it, then. It's time to go to the airport, Kaycee.

***
Sean's POV
< A DAY BEFORE KAYCEE'S DEPARTURE >

"Man, you're seriously not coming?" Julian asked for the nth time. He and Josh had been bugging me since yesterday, taking turns to convince me to come with them. Where? Kaycee's throwing out a farewell party, she's leaving for New York tomorrow.

"Have I not made myself clear? I. Am. Not. Going!" I groaned and snatched my phone back from him. We're in the studio, anyway. I was trying a new choreo before he interrupted me. "Look, I'm busy, okay? I need to finish this choreo be–"

"Oh, come on! Bro, you've been here all day." Julian said, shaking his head as I continue dancing. "Look, I know that she's no longer your girlfriend but Kaycee was your friend, best friend. Don't you want to say goodbye to your best friend before she moves out? Come on, man."

Yeah, she was my best friend. The truth is, I've been dreading to see her but I'm scared because I know that I wouldn't be able to resist my self once I see her.

"Seriously? No." Julian look more annoyed than ever. "We already said our 'goodbyes' the night she broke up with me, alright? There's no need for me to come and do it again. It's... it's stupid."

Fuck, don't you go and try to let him see you're hurting. Get a grip on yourself, Sean.

Finally, he sighed in defeat and gathered his things. He was already on his way out when he turned around, frowning.

"If you need to talk to someone, I'm here. Just... just give me a call and I'll be there, alright?" Oh, wow. I never knew Julian could be this sweet? But instead, I raised an eyebrow at him and chuckled. "Hey, I'm serious! Come on, Sean, you're my brother. I just... I just– oh, screw it. But I'm here for you, okay? Josh and I are here for you, man."

"Yeah, thanks Juls but I really think you should get going now. Kay–" Shoot. He raised an eyebrow at me. "–They're probably waiting for you."

"You sure you don't wanna..." Julian trailed off but I shook my head and chuckled. "Well, I'll get going now. See you later, man."

"See you." I mumbled but he already closed the door and I was alone again. Sighing, I turned on the stereo and let the music blast on loudly.